This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex sold all assets kept cash, I lost everything

maybe confusing, my lawyer said he has never seen such a sneaky person like this in his law career.

seperated 2008, physical, mental abuse tried to sick it out because of the children. (last 10 years were very tough married 20)
    he wasn't much of a dad would sit in garage from after work till 11 with the guys and drink. I was like a single mom 99% of the time. homework, set all rule and made them follow them. the boys were 14, 16, 18 at the time. so they stayed with him. now the boys had no rules to follow, no rules at all, missed school all the time, their grades fell horribly but they were allowed to do as they pleased. I contacted social services ant they played a visit to the home and the boys said that everything was great.

I had to leave became very violent. he then told my 3 boys that if they were to come with me his life would end.

when I left I got a townhouse that was big enough for them to come to. I left with nothing besides personal cloths, one couch we had 3.

soon after I left he began harassing me, via text message (sexual harasment), coming to where I lived and beating at the door, chased me down city road for 10 blockes screaming at me. RCMP put a restraining order on him and charged him with criminal harasment.

my lawyer said to leave the money in the accounts it would be figured out in the end., left a holiday trailor $12000.00, 2 snowmobiles $15000.00, small company we owned together ($20,000.00 with work trailor and tools) house that had $100,000.00 exquity and all house hold goods.

I let my lawyer know that he had sold some of the assets and lawyer said we will get it in the end. now he has sold everything. was paying the interest only on the mortgage plus took out $20,000.00 on the line of credit of the mortgage so the equity is now $80,000.00. judge order the house sold he then quit making payments at all. realator told me the house was a disaster walls, flooring 1 bathroom unusable so now the house appraised at $250,000.00 and he had not made any city tax payment in 3 years and owes taxes of $5500.00 so no equity on the house at all. I found out he had not been making mortage payment 5 months after the fact and was served papers from the bank that we were being sued for the amount owed . $11,000.00 over the amount of the mortgage. during this time he had possesion of the boat and was served papers that he had not made payments and they were going to repo it in 20 days. so now my credit is screwed. and owe a lot of money

our construction company 50/50 partners had $25,000.00 in account and $35,000.00 of invoices out due to be paid. in the next 6 months another $70,000.00 came into the company account. as well as he works for straight cash on some jobs not claiming money.

found out all assets were sold money all gone and my lawyers said now you can't get blood from a stone. so with all life insurance savings, assets, cash money he lost just about $300,000.00.

he racked up cc in his own name of $80,000 and claimed bankrupsy and left the morgage comp, and boat loan after me so lost everything and owe $16,000.00

one more thing, totally alienated the boys from me blaming everything on me. he now wants child support for the youngest child so I am self rep myself in court on the 19 of oct. I feel with all the money that i did not receive I have more than paid for child support for all of them that would have included any college etc. I had to end up filing consumer proposal due to there was no way I could afford to pay all that money on what I make. and why should I

he let the middle child quit school in grade 10 failed because of so much school missed now the youngest had to repeat grade 9 missed close to 200 days of school the first time in grade nine.

Comment

Hate to say this but you probably will end up paying CS if he has the kids. You may not have recieved the money you felt you were entitled to but I think the court will treat it as two separate issues.

Comment

do you think that maybe the judge will see it as it where I signed over all assets in exchange for CS? all money is still in his possetion as far as I know he has all the cash under his mattress

Comment

probably not, sorry. What is your exs address?????? LOL

Comment

ya no kidding, I have a few people that want to visit him. just don't understand how that is fair he went againts the law selling our assets and emptying the accounts, ruined my credit. how can he get away with it?

Comment

You tally up the assets at the time of separation, you make a claim, you have your day in court like everyone else.

He will owe you your share. If he has hidden the money or spent it you may still seek repayment over time.

If he had done this while you were both married, there would have been 0 assets and you would have had nothing anyway.

Child support is child support. Every parent is responsible for their children and you will have to pay support like everyone else.

Comment

hi mess, just wondering what forms i need to file. we filled out all the assets on a form back in 2008 when we separated. I have a copy of the ones he filled out with a list and amount assets are worth. but for the court what form is needed? thanks

Comment

can I apply for the asset division myself? as of now it would be he owes me the cash because he as already sold all assets and with him loosing all the equity in the house will he was in possesion of it since the separation. anyone know what for to fill out.

Comment

If you are doing it yourself you have to read over Family Law Rules thoroughly. Then look over the Family Law Rules Forms.

It's ok if you don't understand something come back and ask, but you should familiarize yourself with this process first so you can organize your questions.

Read of the Ministry of Attorney General - Family Law pages as well to get a good idea of the system.

Comment

thank you so much for your help. don't go to far may have more questions

Comment

hi mess, just wondering if you of the forms I need in Alberta?

was at the court house the am and family law info centre couldn't help me?

Comment

I had an appointment yesterday with legal aid 1/2 hour and i did it backwards should have delt with mat. property first then ask for credit towards child support. and in the end I was told that I need council to represent me due to the huge mess the ex has made. I have applied for legal aid find out friday. she said I have all the papers in order and know everything that needs to be known just don't know what to do with it. went to court this morning and asked to be ajourned to Nov. 23.

but don't know how he did it but he says he he has no money so getting blood from a stone. the court will say you owe her $100K and I will fight for the next 10 years to get any money at all. wtf

held in contempt for not paying, ?????? tough road ahead still

Comment

Hello Experienced guys,
                            During separation my house was $400k and mortgage was $155k. It was appraisal by ex. Now house is $300k on Dec,2011 and mortgage is $125k. Which will be consider?
                            Please suggest me? I am victim of sick Ex, 3 my lawyers and her lawyer which all of one I fired and one of suspended license. He did not used to appear in court while I gave my pay stub to her & my lawyer making $14 p/h. My ex claimed in court that I was making $80k and my lawyer did not tell me and did not appear in court. MEP took my whole money around $20k. Later on I went in court they gave decision that I have to pay 10k still my she owe to me $10k...
                            Please suggest me ASAP. I have International property and title is own my name. How court will be deal? She sold a lot of stuff without court orders or without my consent????
                            I am paying child support with MEP.....

Comment

Originally posted by tmac View Post
                              one more thing, totally alienated the boys from me blaming everything on me. he now wants child support for the youngest child so I am self rep myself in court on the 19 of oct. I feel with all the money that i did not receive I have more than paid for child support for all of them that would have included any college etc. I had to end up filing consumer proposal due to there was no way I could afford to pay all that money on what I make. and why should I

he let the middle child quit school in grade 10 failed because of so much school missed now the youngest had to repeat grade 9 missed close to 200 days of school the first time in grade nine.
                              Two Hundred days of school missed is a very serious thing. I have personal knowledge of a mother that had her two kids removed and placed with the father for just this sort of failure to the children. Perhaps you should contact CAS again over the missed school time. I doubt they will decide 'everything's great' if that is the case.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X