Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 02:02 AM
fatherof2 fatherof2 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 11
fatherof2 is on a distinguished road
Post Written Child Support Agreement

Here is my story....
I have a 5 year old child which I am court ordered to pay $320.00/month, I also have arrears tacked onto that because I could not prove my ex and I were living together for 2 years she claims she was single. Either way, my ex and I have a great relationship now. I have my daughter 60% plus of the time due to her work schedule and my wife is currently off on Mat. Leave so she takes care of her through out the day. I started the process to vary the exsiting court order from 2007, because of my ex's work schedule she was unable to respond to being served, and I agreed to push the court date back to give her some more time.

Recently my ex and I sat down to try and come to an agreement...which we did. $250.00/month to be paid to her, and 50% of all costs for our daughter. We agreed to make a written agreement and withdraw the current court order from FRO. I just want to ensure a written agreement will stand up in the courts if she has a change of mind 5+ years later, and will my arrears with FRO be dropped? Is there anything I should be aware of with a written agreement from both sides, I have her best intrest in mind also and want to make sure she is 100% covered if I fall behind in support etc.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Kenny's Avatar
Kenny Kenny is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 208
Kenny is on a distinguished road

You can certainly change any child support order, including an agreement to eliminate arrears, but it must be done properly and you both must consent.

This link generally explains the forms needed and how to do it:

Also, when your three or four forms are done, you can have them checked at your court's Family Law Information Centre. The forms are online and easy to complete in MS Word.

I am at that stage myself in obtaining child support.

Good luck.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:38 PM
logicalvelocity logicalvelocity is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,943
logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

And for those that do not have the resources to obtain MS Word, same format of the forms will open with Open Office, which is a free download here: - The Free and Open Productivity Suite
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Children's bennefits Wiser2008 Financial Issues 21 05-03-2019 06:21 AM
child support while child is in university verytiredmother Divorce & Family Law 43 01-13-2013 04:02 AM
Who is responsible for Child Support momof3 Divorce & Family Law 16 05-12-2011 11:20 AM
Why 'shared' custody? sasha1 Political Issues 35 07-01-2010 12:17 AM
Spousal Equivalent for CRA Cobourg Divorce & Family Law 21 01-14-2010 08:43 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 PM.