Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 11-10-2020, 05:20 PM
Banned

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12345 View Post
Well there is a police report though right. No witnesses though which doesn’t help either of them. I think the cas issue is dealt with it as they haven’t contacted him for sometime and they actually asked them to reconcile as the son asked them to in his interview but who knows. He is waiting for the police report and then his lawyer will talk to the crown. Is there no way he can just negotiate the charges to be droppped since it’s basically hearsay? I’m worried his job will be affected if he takes the peace bond or conditional discharge and then there is still some degree of guilt then? Tayken mentioned a good lawyer can negotiate the family court portion while the criminal court is ongoing. What would be their argument? Just Shaw v Shaw? Would it be worth the risk? I don’t know if his lawyer is good or not. I’ve checked lawyerratingz and canlii but not much on them. His counsel is just advising to take it slow and prove yourself in the visitations and character references.
Just do what Tayken said.
If you try a shortcut it will be too late.
Taking the cheap internet way out is a delusion. You need that lawyer.
Old 11-11-2020, 12:15 AM

Kevin12345 is on a distinguished road

Well we have a lawyer. It’s good to hear others opinions and experiences in addition to our lawyers. Even if it’s things I don’t like to hear.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:45 PM

Kevin12345 is on a distinguished road

So they’ve discontinued supervised visits now cause the newer lawyer doesn’t feel comfortable with it. Is this allowed? These are visits at their place.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:00 PM
Banned

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Yes it is allowed.....it is their home and they are denying access to the home.

If there was no alternative given it mean they are continuing to be difficult and litigious for the foreseeable future. Good lawyer to squash it is needed.

In the old days people could just have more kids.