This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on clearance certificate

I finally got my clearance certificate back for my divorce, the week of October 8, 2008, but the St. Catharines office noticed that Ottawa spelled my ex-husband's name wrong on the certificate and had to send them a letter to get it correctedHow long is this going to take seeing as it was THEIR mistake in Ottawa?<!-- / message -->

I am thinking it would take as long as the one with the misspelled name on it took. In a perfect world they would handle it right away but it is not a perfect world. Ask the St Catharine office how long something like this would take. Maybe they have had some experience with this before. At least they could make some phone calls to see.

Comment

Thank you. I am having them look into it today. They figure it was apparently a "typo," which doesn't seem fair that I should have to wait when it was their oversight.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X