OCL Social Worker with no OCSWSSW certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL Social Worker with no OCSWSSW certification

I am not sure if this is the right topic to be putting this in, but I am curious about something.

A very well known social worker who works for the OCL as an assessor in Ottawa -- I found out recently that their social worker certificate was cancelled years ago ... yet this person is still representing themself to the court as a social worker.

Is this common and/or normal?

I can't see any advantage to having your certification canceled.

Social Workers in Ontario are regulated and are governed under the Child and Family Services Act. They must be licensed and registered as a social worker and cannot hold themselves out by that title if they don't follow the rules. They are also to be registered under the Ontario College of Social Workers. I don't have much faith in those regulatory bodies but perhaps you can start by contacting them.

Comment

And of course you have been a responsible person and reported this matter to the appropriate authorities (in writing)?

Please keep us updated.

Comment

Some social workers who work as councillors
        prefer not to be registeted. This way you
        can't complain to anyone, and they don't have to
        play by rules. They bend or make their own. They have power, but not legally
        accountable for anything. Very convenient strategy to cover up their ass

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X