This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving, guys and gals!

Fall is my favourite season. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend with your loved ones.

DD17 has been with her dad Friday and today, Saturday, and to mine on Sunday, Monday. As per usual (Xmas, birthdays), everything is doubled/tripled up for her, so dd is eating many more turkey dinners than her parents are.

Which, if you love turkey, isn't a bad thing.
    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Fall is also my favorite season....I love the colours and the cooler weather.

This year is our Thanksgiving with the children and we are enjoying every minute of it,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well Mcdreamy!

Comment

I call it Autumn, but it is my favorite season too!

Thanks for the gobble-gobble wishes! Right back at you

If I ever have a daughter 'Autumn' is a current favorite for her name...

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all !Im having a full out dinner at home with the kids this year.No screaming ,yelling or children crying.I've got a lot to be thankful for this year.

Comment

I"m dog/house sitting at a friend's farm this week. Different experience getting up in the morning to the sound of cattle. Pretty darn peaceful for this city girl.

Comment

Love the country myself ,the peace and quite and clean air....if you aren't standing too close to cow poo....

Comment

Cows are about 100 feet away, on the other side of the fence! Being a cat person I'm trying to figure out how these two dogs let me know when they want to go out and do their business. They don't bark at all. I was told I have to have them on a leash when they go outside as there is lots of wildlife around that they can get in trouble with.

Okay Ottawa Divorce Forum - does anyone know how often dogs generally need to crap? I let the dogs out this morning and they did little poops. They are fed 2 times a day.

I await anyone's advice.

Comment

Maybe more than you want to know, but as a general rule, if a dog is fed kibble it takes about 8 hours to digest, raw fed dogs about 4-6. My dogs go #2 twice a day...morning and pm... however they are out usually every 2 hours for a quick pee!

Comment

Generally about a half hour after they eat is a good time to walk them and expect they'll do their business. Watch for signs like pacing, sitting, sniffing, pawing or whining at or around the door which may mean they need to go again or just have to pee.

Comment

I hung a set of jingle bells at my back door when I got my pups years ago.. they are trained to ring the bells if they need to go out.
                    Makes for fun dinner conversation when I have guests over and the dogs ring the bells.
                    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Thanks you guys! They are kibble fed so that is really helpful. They are kept in little kennels during the day when the owners go to work (which I think is kind of strange) and it amazes me they can go that long without having to pee.

They were just sniffing at the door and I took them out and voila! they had to go!

Much appreciated. I should have asked this question before the couple left but it didn't occur to me. Very strange to have dogs under the covers in bed. Oh well at least someone wants to sleep with me LOL

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving all. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                          I hung a set of jingle bells at my back door when I got my pups years ago.. they are trained to ring the bells if they need to go out.
                          Makes for fun dinner conversation when I have guests over and the dogs ring the bells.
                          Pavlov had it all wrong! The dogs ring the bell and the people respond!

Comment

The jingle bells really do work! My good friend uses that same system w/her dog!

Hope everyone had a safe/happy Thanksgiving. It's been some time since I did up a full TGiving Meal, but I decided tonight that next year, if I still have the house I'm currently in, I'm doing it at my place..

It's been many years of limbo. Hoping that I can put a lot of the last few years behind me and really move forward finally. A good friend invited us for dinner today. It was very nice and I'd like to return the kindness and generosity.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                              Thanks you guys! They are kibble fed so that is really helpful. They are kept in little kennels during the day when the owners go to work (which I think is kind of strange) and it amazes me they can go that long without having to pee.

They were just sniffing at the door and I took them out and voila! they had to go!

Much appreciated. I should have asked this question before the couple left but it didn't occur to me. Very strange to have dogs under the covers in bed. Oh well at least someone wants to sleep with me LOL
                              Way to hiijack the thread!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X