Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Respondents Lawyer doesn’t answer anything from Applicants Lawyer

Anyone experience this?
    Two emails, a letter and several phone calls and messages left on answering machine.

Does this help my case? Perhaps if his lawyer answered there could have been some talk to settle or agree on something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the answer but I wonder if a lawyer has a professional duty to respond in good faith. Your lawyer should know.

Comment

I believe she is going to do an updated case conference brief to deal with this.

Also I went to a Mandatory Information Session. And they did say all Lawyers do need to act professional with clients and opposing lawyers. I guess we will see what happens.

Comment

Are you waiting on paperwork from the other side? Or looking for negotiation? My ex's lawyer has a very busy practice and he doesn't answer until crunch time. You may have to wait until closer to your motion date to hear anything. Its hard because its like waiting on pins and needles.

Comment

There is nothing from his lawyer. No Cc brief. My lawyer wrote his lawyer to say wrong papers filed. She called him about the change in pickup location. Nothing. Not even an email response.

Comment

The other lawyer is ghosting you.

Comment

They sure are. Can they do this? We sent a CC Brief. And I believe they need to send one as well. Guess we will see if they send one by next week. Court date is June 25th

Comment

You would think with Dad asking for full custody, he would want to move this along. What would the strategy be for Dad to delay this? Give Mom more status quo? Doesn't make sense.

Oh and some of us regular folk cant afford to have our lawyers on speed dial, so we turn to the members here for great advice.

Comment

Well there has been no material change in circumstance. Other than he is not paying what he agreed to pay. He abruptly stopped for no reason. Still employed and has someone helping him pay his mortgage now. He didn’t in the past and paid for what he agreed with no issues. And he decided to move 45 mins away without informing me or his children until he was moved in. So sure maybe that’s a change but not in his favour or in our children’s best interests. And the most hilarious part about it all is he wants sole custody and he wants to be paid for all the expenses he is not paying for. Lol.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X