schoold issue...(anxiety)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schoold issue...(anxiety)?

My child started junior high this year but 2 weeks after school starter his mom took him to a hair saloon where he got a perm. Well, appearently he is too sensitive and some kids were bugging him and he stopped going to classes.

Long story short, the principal wants to send him to another school where he was supposed to go anyway but didn't because some child has threatened him and was looking for him with a knife. I learned that recently and I didn't send him there because my ex and the elementary school principal convinced me that that school is just bad and has a lots of bad things happening.

Now he either goes there because they have a therapist on site and they believe my child would benefit. I went to that school and mentioned the threats to the principal but he said those kids that were looking for my son are "just talk".

Well I am taking that more seriously. I can't just send him there to get stabbed or something just because the current school has no means to deal with his anxiety. On the other end the principal made it clear "He either goes to that school or if he is here he has either be in class or will be sent home.

His mom wants to do things radical way. She suggests we make him stay where he is and force him to attend classes, if he doesn't then to punish him. I spoke with a social worker and got therapist involved including a bunch of other people from a certain program that looks after kids who survived cancer but the school refuses to deal with him until they get involved. They have contacted me and said their therapy will be intensive but I waited 3 months until they called me.

So I am not sure what the best thing to do would be.

Did the bullying start after the perm hair? Bullying is never okay but why would a parent perm a young child's hair??? Did the perm cause child's anxiety and is the reason for this intensive therapy?
    Last edited by Helpmyspouse; 12-15-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I believe so. He was fine until that happened. He had nice long-ish hair until his mum decided to take him to a hair salon. Kids started making fun of it and it caused a great anxiety. It also resulted in not attending school for about a month.

Now he will go to that other school. I am not sure that school will help but we have to give it a try. Regarding that other kid that made threats, I gotta file a police report. The principal will talk to him too. But I still don't like all this.

You're right about the perm. I was very upset about it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X