Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Filing Emergency Travel Motion

Hi There,

So my lawyer is a flake. Period. Keeps delaying and delaying and not getting into court. I am supposed to travel with my girls on the 30th - 2nd of Jan. Divorced with a separation agreement (not filed with the courts). She refuses to sign a travel consent & also refuses to provide the health cards. Up until now, my service ontario transaction record was fine. Apparently not anymore. I have split/shared custody and share the girls equally in time. Can I walk in easily and file an emergency motion to travel/get access to the health cards on Monday?

What is a "service Ontario transaction record"?

Why is it not "fine" anymore?

Comment

It is a document you get from service Ontario that is a temp document to show health care coverage. Two docs now have told me we can't use it. I also need to travel but can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah the Liberal Ontario government in all their wisdom...... you'll get it sorted out on Monday hopefully. Show up clean-shaven, crystal clean mouth breath, charming and bring a screaming or adorable kid for "prop" and you should hopefully be good to go (screaming to go pee is good).

f

Comment

Thanks I don't even know where to start. My lawyer has been putting this off for weeks and I can't anymore. I'm wondering where I even start...

Comment

I didn't want to rush out of Country when I got the divorce settled

Sounds like if you haven't even got the Health Cards yet the divorce is fresh

I got every SIN, BC and HC..within months by filing (before even service's Canada or Ontario) for them

Who has the passports (you obviously) (no issue there)

My out of country relatives were for warned on the divorce.....if they wanted to see the kids......you come here.

You never mentioned your a citizen of another Country.

If you are .....KISS YOUR EX's CONSENT GOOD-BYE

Comment

MrToronto, unsure of the assumptions you are making. As stated, this agreement and divorce is 4 years old. I've tried for four years to make this work. I can't get her to sign the travel consent for the end of the month, can't get her to sign the passport app and hand over the appropriate health cards. I've used temp measure for 4 years for health cards that are no longer viable. I NEVER said I was a citizen of another country. I'm from Canada. Where did you get this from?

Again, can anyone assist/advise what forms I need to file for this emergency motion? Thanks...

Comment

what forms I need to file for this emergency motion?
                Form 14 - Notice of Motion
                Form 14A - Affidavit (general)

If the matter has never been to court:
                Form 8 - Application
                Form 35.1 - Affidavit in support of claim for custody and access

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X