Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
    so did the school contact your ex?

What a loser... be glad you're rid of him.

I "mopped up" after my ex for many years after our divorce (business) so I know it isn't any fun. Must be hard to be that sunny, positive parent (with regards to the other parent) through these times. Such a crock aint it?

Your kid was likely humiliated (thanks to good old dad). Nothing you can do about that.

Today is first day of school for kids is it not? I'm surprised that schools allow kids to wear beach-wear at school. Perhaps I'm an old fuddy-duddy though.
    We tried that. He doesn't answer his phone so the secretaries just call me from now on. I work from home a lot and live around the corner from the school so it's much easier for everyone. Although he's super quick with the 'veneer' stuff (e.g. only putting himself as a contact person). The secretaries apparently deal with this stuff all the time and have told me they quickly learn who to reach out to in these situations.

Our son has a blast with his dad but he's missing a few screws loose on the responsibility front. Transitions, for example, are really hard because he has chores here at my place and video games and Slurpees at dad's. Last week I sent him a document to review (new school policy on social media) and initial and he wrote back 'You know I don't read these things'.

Comment

• Originally posted by ensorcelled View Post
      Not sure where you are in Ottawa, but our school is urban so they go outside unless there is a lockdown or seriously bad weather. Part of the curriculum that they do 'outdoor learning' too (so going outside for math, geography, etc). It's actually kind of awesome (I swear, kids are better behaved if they spend a lot of time outside) but annoying when you have an ex who can't remember simple things like mittens or rain boots.

As for complaining about your Ex's..I thought that's what this board was for?!?
      That's actually a cool concept. We should teach our kids that we wont melt in the rain. Just buy pairs of mittens, rubber boots, etc to keep at the school. Problem solved.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X