This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tugofwar View Post
    Tayken, thanks for your reply but we have final orders...... finally. Came in two parts. We separated the financial thing then dealt with custody and access later on. Therapy has helped, I have gotten stronger but there will always be something. I try hard but I know I can try harder. Just feel broken right now cause I thought we were done and over with it. But how do you reason with someone that has an excuse for everything, has their back on defense and can't see things for what they really are..... And therapy was the best thing I ever did
    To quote Mr. Eddy:

Don’t engage in a personal battle. If you’re already engaged in a personal battle, then disengage now. At any time, you can let go of taking it personally. Remember, HCP’s are more comfortable making it simple and personal. It doesn’t mean they’re happy doing this; it’s just that it’s familiar to them. They feel safer being engaged in a conflict that’s personal. So, you’ll naturally feel like responding personally.

Once you realize you’re about to respond personally, tell yourself: Don’t engage! If you have already started responding in a personal, defensive manner, you can still tell yourself: Disengage!

This part is up to you. Remember: Don’t take it personally. You don’t have to defend yourself. It’s not about YOU!

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X