This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minefields ... boom!

OK ... Since 'Hanging On' brought this up and something inside me said, this needs discussion ... here goes.

So what Minefields have any of you hit and how would you avoid it in future. My opinion is that lawyers can help you to navigate by giving you options to the best of their ability (sort of like a guide who has traveled a path many times), however, it is YOU, that determines the course or path to take ... so any Minefields would really be a result of YOU steering down the wrong path of your CHOICE?

This is IMPORTANT, lets gets some good feedback on this one.

Hubby

Do you mean what we would do differently if we had to start the litigation process all over again? If yes, I would have to say not doing enough research to understand the family law system, from the beginning. And not insisting I be more part of the mediation process. Our lawyers and the mediator separated my ex and I, during mediation. Looking back now, if we had all been sitting together at the table maybe we could have reached a settlement. But then again, who knows.

Comment

Decisions made

It could also mean decisions you made that now looking back in hindsight, you wish you could do all over.

It could also be decisions you made that at the time you did not know the future consequences of.

Hubby

Comment

It is always best to negotiate rather than litigate.

Sometimes you have no other choice in the matter.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X