Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:23 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
I feel like I am purposely being bled dry of money as a tactic to relent of my claims in the application.
The longer the other parent and you reside together in the matrimonial home the better chance you have at obtaining 50-50 access and joint custody.

Just make sure you do as much (or more) of the parenting for the children than the other parent.

Shooting for sole custody and majority access (if you are male or female) is a bad idea in 2017. Especially if you reside in the golden horseshoe. The courts down south are very 50-50 joint custody friendly. You now need OVERWHELMING evidence to get sole custody and majority access these days.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:41 AM

Vector is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tayken,

I really appreciate this advice. If my application has already been submitted for sole including claims based on verbal and emotional abuse, how could I change this then? I am confident in the claims, but not sure what the threshold would be for overwhelming evidence.

I take the OCL insights serious as well.

Incidentally, I got notice from my lawyers assistant this morning that the first case conference date has to be reset cause we couldn't get a hold of the trial coordinator to lock it in after confirming finally with other party of availability. Perhaps I can use this as an opportunity to re position my self strategically.

Can I simply get my lawyer to float a different direction to hers?
Old 04-04-2017, 11:38 AM

Vector is on a distinguished road
Default Thoughts?

How would I go about turning this around somewhat?

My application is in for SC and claims verbal and emotional abuse. Its real and I have it documented to the hilt,however the longer I am kept in the MH with her and the kids I question whether its worth the time and energy to fight her for this going through CAS and OCL reports. I firmly believe she can't handle the kids and they suffer cause of her behavior and they will want to live with me anyways, they've both already expressed that to CAS so from an access/sharing perspective I am not worried I will have the balance of their time eventually.

Is it better to reapply for joint and drop the claims at this point to try to speed this along or would it be wiser to go into the first case conference with this as something to come to terms with they propose it.

Basically, I want to move on and get her to the table somehow to just deal with things so we can both get on with our lives. Over the year in the house together with no end in sight is ridiculous when she refuses to sell and I can't move out and support two households.