X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling out F8 Financial Statement & costs

My case is in the supreme court of BC.

My ex file a F3 Notice of Family Claim on Nov 1, 2010 and asked for CS & SS but didn’t file a F8 Financial Statement. I replied with a F4 Response to Family Claim and F5 Counter claim asking for division of assets and for division of her government’s pension plan. She has a lawyer who asked me to file a F8 before Dec 1,2010 (30 days from the 1st served of F3). Both parties didn’t file a F8 in the first place.

I don’t have money to hire a lawyer so I have to represent myself.

Do I need to comply and file a F8 before Dec 1,2010? Pro & cons?
    If I need to fill out the F8 Financial Statement, should I estimate expenses on the high or low side? pro/con?

I don’t have problem with CS. Just the SS due to the fact that she planned to go back to school a year before the separation date. It's not an economic disadvantage due to break down of the marriage.

She also asked for costs in the F3 Notice of Family Claim. What does it means?
    I thought we each pay ours own legal cost. Any reason for the judge to order other party to pay/share legal cost?

Thanks for any help.

Although not from the west, instinct, tells me to follow through with requirements and complete obligations of the process.

As far as estimation of future expenses, I think, I would list current expenses with some latitude for inflation, after-all, SS, is just a redistribution of the family income as there really isn't any new money.

Their cost claim is reasonable considering if you fail in presenting your proposal to resolve. So, yeah, effectively, you could be held liable for all or some of their legal expense along with your own if unsuccessful. Call it an "incentive to promote" early Settlement if you will.

Comment

Thanks Logicalvelocity for your advices/suggestions.
      Any other experiences would be appreciated.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X