This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone, some help would be appreciated

Hey everyone, I am new here and I live in Toronto. I wanted to get some legal feedback on my issue at hand. Here it goes.

I started to date a girl 2 years ago. We broke up because of intense problems and then after 10 months she comes to me and tells me I have a son....I have never met him but I know it is my son for I have seen pictures, and it is a direct match.

Anyways, I am young and in university, I am only 19. I have dreams and aspirations and this might make many of you angry but I chose to have nothing to do with him or her and live my own life. She agreed to this. I am not on the birth certificate, and I have not taken any DNA tests, legally speaking I do not exist as a father as far as I know. Do I still have rights to the child? Do I have to go to court and give all my rights to her or does she already have sole custody? What is my status right now legally speaking is the question I want to find out.

Thanks

I'm sure she had/has dreams as well and now that's all changed for her too. Isn't the child entitled to dreams and aspirations and a decent future too?

I believe your official status would be listed as deadbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhilosopher View Post
      Anyways, I am young and in university, I am only 19. I have dreams and aspirations and this might make many of you angry but I chose to have nothing to do with him or her and live my own life.
      Your choice to get your dick wet got in the way of your dreams and aspirations lover boy. You screwed up and then compounded the error by running from the problem.

If she was halfway smart she would nail you for CS.

What do your parents think of your decision?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
        I'm sure she had/has dreams as well and now that's all changed for her too. Isn't the child entitled to dreams and aspirations and a decent future too?

I believe your official status would be listed as deadbeat.
        Yeah, too bad she didn't have an abortion right? Her choice though, so now she has to deal with it. Oh and too bad she didn't even mention it to me right? Because the man has no fucking say in what happens right? She gets an abortion, fuck me cant do nothing about it. She doesn't get one, fuck me im supposed to do whatever she wants. Sorry, women have killed chivalry a long time ago. This is amusing, very amusing. They call for the end of sexism yet are sexist whenever it benefits them ahahahahaaha. Try to keep up, you will learn something.

Anyways, thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread, come again when you actually want to contribute.

Comment

Anyways, thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread, come again when you actually want to contribute.
          And thank you for contributing absolutely nothing except your load to the life you created. Cum again when you are ready to support the life you brought to this world.

Kick yo ass.

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
            Your choice to get your dick wet got in the way of your dreams and aspirations lover boy. You screwed up and then compounded the error by running from the problem.

If she was halfway smart she would nail you for CS.

What do your parents think of your decision?
            My parents have nothing to do with the decision, and what they think is irrelevant to the questions that I posed in the OP. Running from the problem? I hope everyone on this forums does not have the reading and comprehension of a monkey. Did I not specifically state that I was told of the outcome after the baby was born?

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
              And thank you for contributing absolutely nothing except your load to the life you created. Cum again when you are ready to support the life you brought to this world.

Kick yo ass.
              Clever word play and Ad Hominem insult. Your intellect is staggering, keep going.

Comment

So you have a problem with her and you're taking it out on the child? Nice.

And to answer your original question, I'm sure you'll be thrilled to hear, whether you're on the birth certificate or not, whether you choose to bless your life by being involved with the child or not, you're still financially responsible for your contribution. The child is entitled to be supported and no judge is going to relieve you of that responsibility simply because you have dreams and aspirations in life, whether you wanted the child or not or even knew about the pregnancy. Good luck getting a job, passport, driver's license or anything else when you have CS arrears hanging over your head.

You want to ensure you have a decent future to look forward to? Man up, pay the child support and don't find yourself on here:

http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/goodparentspay/gpp_index.aspx

because you can be damn sure that if you do, any potential schools, employers and financial institutions, not to mention potential future relationship prospects will.

Do yourself and the child a favour and take responsibility for your actions, regardless of your age. This isn't like writing a bad cheque, it doesn't go away over time, it gets worse over time.

Comment

I wonder why maybe she didn't tell you that she was pregnant!!!
                  Reading your posts makes me just want to vomit. Abortion.... really.... Yes it's just that simple. Did you not practice safe sex? Do your parents even know?
                  Last edited by tugofwar; 01-18-2011, 11:16 PM.

Comment

My parents have nothing to do with the decision, and what they think is irrelevant to the questions that I posed in the OP.
                    Exactly what I thought. You haven't told them. Because they would be ashamed of how you handled the problem.

What you don't seem to understand is that your ex's behaviour (bad as it was) does not take you off the hook from supporting your child even after your choice to "to have nothing to do with him or her and live my own life".

Do you think your baby should be given a chance to have a healthy, happy childhood, and grow up and go to university like yourself to chase his dreams and aspirations?

Comment

His parents are irrelevant, didn't you hear? I'm sure it's somehow their fault as well for not showing him how to put the condom on.

Comment

Doncha' know that ThePhilosopher makes the rules about what's relevant to discuss?

ThePhilosopher - even the handle screams selfish sonofabitch.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                          So you have a problem with her and you're taking it out on the child? Nice.

And to answer your original question, I'm sure you'll be thrilled to hear, whether you're on the birth certificate or not, whether you choose to bless your life by being involved with the child or not, you're still financially responsible for your contribution. The child is entitled to be supported and no judge is going to relieve you of that responsibility simply because you have dreams and aspirations in life, whether you wanted the child or not or even knew about the pregnancy. Good luck getting a job, passport, driver's license or anything else when you have CS arrears hanging over your head.

You want to ensure you have a decent future to look forward to? Man up, pay the child support and don't find yourself on here:

http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/goodparentspay/gpp_index.aspx

because you can be damn sure that if you do, any potential schools, employers and financial institutions, not to mention potential future relationship prospects will.

Do yourself and the child a favour and take responsibility for your actions, regardless of your age. This isn't like writing a bad cheque, it doesn't go away over time, it gets worse over time.
                          Again with the reading and comprehension. Did you miss the part where I stated "and she agreed". This is not about child support, read the fucking OP instead of making absurd assumptions.

What I want to know is if I have rights to the child right now. Does she have sole custody right now or do I have to go to court and give her all my rights. What I read was that if a man wants rights to a child, he has to go to court and "prove" that he is the father or else the women has all the rights. Can anyone verify this?

Also, I expect sources, this isn't elementary school, be fucking professional.

Comment

Perhaps indigenous origin.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhilosopher
                              Also, I expect sources, this isn't elementary school, be fucking professional.
                              http://www.google.ca

You continue to prove what a lazy sloth you are - look for sources yourself, since you're so much more educated than everyone else; useless cumdumpster.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X