Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motion for Retroactive Child Support- Is the ruling final?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion for Retroactive Child Support- Is the ruling final?

After a year and a half and 4 case conferences, I was finally able to convince Judge to allow me to proceed to a Motion on my application for a retroactive child support adjustment.

The Judge was reluctant because he felt that the amount I have requested should be negotiated and settled upon. Alas, Mr. Respondent refuses to communicate with me, so off we go to a Motion.

To date, I have had the same Judge at every court appearance.... and he has yet to thoroughly read a single document, or review any evidence submitted. It seems he barely skims over the brief to get the "jist"of the case....

I am hoping that a Motion Judge will be more thorough and review the submissions/affidavits... but I have no idea? I've never done this before.

I have decided to focus solely on the matter of retroactive support, and forego all other issues for subsequent motions (if he continues to refuse communication)..

After hearing submissions from both parties.....if the Judge happens to determine that a retroactive adjustment is justified, can he/she make a final ruling?

Originally posted by representingself View Post
    After hearing submissions from both parties.....if the Judge happens to determine that a retroactive adjustment is justified, can he/she make a final ruling?
    Can he/she? Absolutely

Will he/she? Probably. Depends on the quality of your submissions.

Comment

I would recommend making your affidavit as short and to the point as possible. It makes it easier for the judge to be able to read your case as compared to just skim it over.

Comment

Retro active payments and Child Support Arrears

What happened in your case???? I am in the same boat now..I am seeking retroactive support payments, extra ordinary expenses trying to go back to 2002. The payor has been non existent, providing false addresses, contact info, etc. He has has three default hearing arrests and he was to provide to me updated financial disclosure yearly, but has never done so. I am just now, after his latest arrest aware of where he is and can now make my application to the court. He now, wants a variation made to reduce what is owning..I am self representing..any idea on how the judge will look at this

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X