X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha!

LiveLeak.com - Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Comes "Clean"

Yeah, following closely.

He hasn't admitted to anything other than a vague, unspecified "mistake." That could mean he picked up 2% milk instead of homo. We know what he thinks of homos.

His statement would have meaning if he specified what his mistake(s) were, what caused him to make those mistakes, how he is going to redress those mistakes, and why we should believe he is not going to repeat those mistakes.

As far as I'm concerned, one of those "mistakes" was hiring a known criminal with a history of violence to use extortion to recover and dispose of evidence of a criminal "mistake." I'm sorry, I need more than a vague apology.

I think wasting an opportunity to use a broadcast to the entire city to come clean is another mistake.

Comment

The Daily Show 11/04/13 The Crackhead Mayor - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
        Yeah, following closely.

He hasn't admitted to anything other than a vague, unspecified "mistake." That could mean he picked up 2% milk instead of homo. We know what he thinks of homos.

His statement would have meaning if he specified what his mistake(s) were, what caused him to make those mistakes, how he is going to redress those mistakes, and why we should believe he is not going to repeat those mistakes.

As far as I'm concerned, one of those "mistakes" was hiring a known criminal with a history of violence to use extortion to recover and dispose of evidence of a criminal "mistake." I'm sorry, I need more than a vague apology.

I think wasting an opportunity to use a broadcast to the entire city to come clean is another mistake.
        The Mayor of Montreal was accused, found guilty of fraud and booted out of city hall in disgrace. Then interim mayor Applebaum was arrested for breach of trust and more fraud ... the only mistake here is keeping these clowns in office once "mistakes" have been proven. Mayor Ford should either resign or be sent packing.

Senator's or mayor's, they are paid by taxpayer's and must be held accountable.

Comment

He obviously has no intention of resigning, based on his statements and his actions. He's apparently determined to make an absolute mockery of himself and his position, and apparently it will be allowed.

He should be kicked out, if nothing more than for being an absolute embarassment to the city of Toronto and the entire country.

Guess he figured if Trudeau could get away with barely a scratch for having admitted pot smoking, he could do the same for crack smoking. Not nearly the same thing at all, and at least Trudeau was upfront about it and didn't spend a year denying it, or defending himself with statements like "I didn't lie, they didn't ask the right question..."

Comment

And at least Trudeau didn't hire a known criminal with a history of violence to use extortion to obtain the incriminating video.

I find the "arguments" of right wing nuts (as opposed to right wing reasonably coherent individuals) completely absurd. A couple of months ago they were vigorously denouncing Trudeau; now they are denouncing "leftists" for seeing Ford's behaviour as far more reprehensible than Trudeau's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
              And at least Trudeau didn't hire a known criminal with a history of violence to use extortion to obtain the incriminating video.

I find the "arguments" of right wing nuts (as opposed to right wing reasonably coherent individuals) completely absurd. A couple of months ago they were vigorously denouncing Trudeau; now they are denouncing "leftists" for seeing Ford's behaviour as far more reprehensible than Trudeau's.
              Trudeau admitted to doing something legal, which possessing small amounts and using is in this country, by some supreme court rulings. Trudeau made the statement to further his agenda of pushing for the legalization of marijauna. Many conservatives don't have an issue with this. His father admitted to having comsumed it in a foreign country(thereby having not admitted to breaking Canadian laws).

Smoking crack is against the law, but one or two incidents would likely not get a trial. But he not only smoked it, he lied about it, he blamed the police, the media, the left, and just about anyone else for his problems. One of his close friends has been charged with extortion regarding the video, and if Ford knew and/or encouraged this extortion, he could be guilty of some serious crimes.

Frankly yesterday was not an apology, there was no remorse, no apology for blaming others.

Comment

I bet he gets voted in again, by Toronto, if he stays until election time.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                  I would bet not. The documents the police released wer heavily redacted (blacked out), and will preumably be released at the trial with all the information. That will be enough to sink him I think.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                    Not if I have anything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                      Smoking crack is against the law, but one or two incidents would likely not get a trial..
                      The one time in his life he smokes crack, and it just so happens someone is pointing a video camera at him. Imagine the luck.

Comment

It's not the crack smoking and drinking issues that concern me as much as the hanging out with known criminals and protecting them. The substance abuse stuff suggests he has personal problems, but the other stuff is what really makes him unfit for any kind of office.

Comment

There is talk that something(s) worse is yet to come when the videos are finally revealed.

Will be interesting to see some fresh polls from the Ford Nation now.
                          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Talk is that it is a sex tape, which would be extremely disturbing.

For it to be relevant, I would expect it to have been used in some form of extortion.

Comment

A Rob Ford sex tape? Please God, no...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X