Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DivorceMate and The Federal Child Support Guidelines Step-by-Step

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post

Why? Because fairness to the parents is of lesser import than the financial security of the children.

And what about stress the child is put through as a result of the tensions between parents as a result of unfair CS calculations? One of the child support guideline objectives is to

(b) to reduce conflict and tension between spouses by making the calculation of child support orders more objective;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by trinton; 11-07-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

And what about stress the child is put through as a result of the tensions between parents as a result of unfair CS calculations?
      For the fairness of the child support guidelines, please see:
      http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...tml#post141405

Comment

DivorceMate and The Federal Child Support Guidelines Step-by-Step

It's the right of the child and therefore it's what is fair to the child. We all know that.

If one parent is not happy and upset with the child support payments, do you think that's a healthy situation for the child? Children can feel when their parents are stressed. Let it be financial or other stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This link was a great summary. I find, after time and with an allowance of compromise on support, everyone personally renegotiates their lifestyle, finances, etc and you find a new balance. If the adults can be reasonable, it can work out as ideally as possible.

Comment

If one parent is not happy and upset with the child support payments, do you think that's a healthy situation for the child? Children can feel when their parents are stressed. Let it be financial or other stress.
            I am not stressed because no one is giving me a pony. Therefore it is best for my child(ren) that I pay less/receive more?

Comment

I am not stressed because no one is giving me a pony. Therefore it is best for my child(ren) that I pay less/receive more?
              Someone is giving away pony's? I want one too!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X