Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:03 AM

kevindell is on a distinguished road

My STBX, lied and admitted she lied. She went so far as to ask the court to protect her from her own lies. The judge did nothing other than tell her that she makes bad choices in friends. He then said if I wanted anything else done it was up to the police to investigate. The police said it was up to the judge to sort out.

In the end I did my best to make sure nothing comes back at me. I would have to ask if it is worth tossing your STBX in jail for $2K?... even though it sounds like she pretty much deserves it. How is your 7yo going to understand that you threw his mother in jail?

In my case charges(not perjury) were laid against some of those involved but not my STBX. So on top of family court, I now have to take days off of work to be a witness for the prosecution.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:33 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

My ex has lied outright and by omission throughout our legal process. He lied right in front of the judge at the divorce hearing, was called on it, and nothing came out of it. He wasn't even embarrassed about it. Because of all of his lies, whenever he goes to court, he isn't really taken very seriously. It has been my experience that in family court, even if you have evidence which was legally obtained, little or nothing is done about perjury. Yes it's very frustrating. I think the message courts send out is to focus on really important issues.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 AM

c800957276 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindell View Post
My STBX, lied and admitted she lied. She went so far as to ask the court to protect her from her own lies. The judge did nothing other than tell her that she makes bad choices in friends. He then said if I wanted anything else done it was up to the police to investigate. The police said it was up to the judge to sort out.

In the end I did my best to make sure nothing comes back at me. I would have to ask if it is worth tossing your STBX in jail for $2K?... even though it sounds like she pretty much deserves it. How is your 7yo going to understand that you threw his mother in jail?

In my case charges(not perjury) were laid against some of those involved but not my STBX. So on top of family court, I now have to take days off of work to be a witness for the prosecution.
I don't want to make this a bigger mess than it already is. Someone advised that I should get quotes for the paint job, and then use that to challenge her expenses; and also someone recommended that I subpoena the person she told she was not looking for work to validate my claim. All her friends and family know that she is not looking, but none would be willing to admit it... but that's not the point. The point is that she's chosen to lie and manipulate, and I am only telling the facts in my affidavits, with no lies included.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 AM

c800957276 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
My ex has lied outright and by omission throughout our legal process... I think the message courts send out is to focus on really important issues.
I agree, but at the case management conference, I totally felt a bias. She painted herself as "poor lady with no job" and made me look like "ass who doesn't cooperate". I pay for virtually everything in the house, and she buys groceries.
She wants full custody, but how is her not working going to make a case for her? If she is unable to support a child, or herself, how can a judge grant her full custody?
Closed Thread

Tags
evidence, perjury, trial