Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extention for financial disclosure has been missed ...now what ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extention for financial disclosure has been missed ...now what ?

At my first case conference my ex's lawyer asked for and received a 1 month extension for her to provide her financial disclosure to me ( tax returns etc ).

Well that 1 month has come and gone and I never received anything from them . Since I am self representing , do they not have to serve the documents to me within those 30 days ?

I have not yet been able to check with the court to see if the file clerk has received anything either .

Is it possible for her side to only file them with the court and not myself as well ?

How can I prepare for my next case conference if they keep stalling ?

Any advice is appreciated .

Motion for the disclosure and ask for costs.

Comment

Thank you

OK, so would a Form 20 apply here or do I need a different form ?

Comment

Originally posted by sens19 View Post
        Thank you

OK, so would a Form 20 apply here or do I need a different form ?
        I would recommend that you serve a Form 20 on the other party with the detailed financial ask. (See my post here: http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...nancial-17239/)

After the time frame outlined on Form 20 is ignored/missed you then file a motion and simply attach the Form 20 with the notice of service etc... and ask the court to order what was requested in accordance with Form 20. (I think it is 30 days.)

You just need to serve the Form 20 on the other party and it does not go into the continuing record. It will go in if you have to bring a motion and attach it as evidence to an affidavit. Make sure you courier the Form 20 that gets you a receipt that the document was served. Don't play the "I didn't get the document" game with the lawyer.

Good Luck!
        Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X