X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some wise words

Some wise words I have been given and would like to share with you:

Parenting isn't about control...it is about teaching this wondrous being that the two of you have created to become the best they can be, teaching them compassion and understanding, and teaching them tolerance, responsibility and caring, teaching them effective relationship habits... If you keep to those principles, you cannot go wrong. And you will always be the best parent you can be!

Bah, humbug!
    As long as my parasitic and dishonest wife is dragging out our separation under the same roof as me, parenting is still an exercise in walking on eggshells.

Comment

Originally posted by tugofwar View Post

Parenting isn't about control...it is about teaching this wondrous being that the two of you have created to become the best they can be, teaching them compassion and understanding, and teaching them tolerance, responsibility and caring, teaching them effective relationship habits... If you keep to those principles, you cannot go wrong. And you will always be the best parent you can be!
      words to live by. If only all parents could see it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AnarX View Post
        Bah, humbug!
        As long as my parasitic and dishonest wife is dragging out our separation under the same roof as me, parenting is still an exercise in walking on eggshells.
        Parenting has nothing to do with walking on eggshells...its about taking the higher road and teaching your kids values and morals and standards that your "parasitic and dishonest" ex wife did not learn!! ~just sayin'

Comment

You HAVE the control. You refuse to let your ex have basic rights to information about his children by refusing to let him have joint custody. He has no choice in the issue, and this is wrong. The only information he is entitled to is the information YOU give him.

Both parents have a right to have access to information about their children.

It is because of people like you that there is a need to have Bill C422.

You may have occasional bits of good advise, too bad you are misandrist.

Comment

Thank god for the ignore button!

Comment

someone needs to take a nap. Or stop heaping his anger at his ex onto the posters here.

Comment

Originally posted by rwm1273 View Post
                You HAVE the control. You refuse to let your ex have basic rights to information about his children by refusing to let him have joint custody. He has no choice in the issue, and this is wrong. The only information he is entitled to is the information YOU give him.

Both parents have a right to have access to information about their children.

It is because of people like you that there is a need to have Bill C422.

BACK OFF! Im tired of your shit. My ex has rights and access to information from the doctor, daycare provider, the agency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has talked to all three of them (sorry our child is still very young) and I plan to keep it open that way, even if I have to spell it out in our agreement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                He doesn't ask me anything about our child. Whatever I have told him about routines etc have all been totally ignored. He's the one that's being un-cooperative.
                Last edited by tugofwar; 09-26-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

BACK OFF! Im tired of your shit. My ex has rights and access to information from the doctor, daycare provider, the agency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has talked to all three of them (sorry our child is still very young) and I plan to keep it open that way, even if I have to spell it out in our agreement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  He doesn't ask me anything about our child. Whatever I have told him about routines etc have all been totally ignored. He's the one that's being un-cooperative.
                  Tug you do not have to justify yourself to a bitter man who probably wants to be an involved parent, but his ex will not let him be. I think he has lumped all CP women in the same batch as his ex.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                    Tug you do not have to justify yourself to a bitter man who probably wants to be an involved parent, but his ex will not let him be. I think he has lumped all CP women in the same batch as his ex.
                    See again you can't read.

Comment

Totally agree! Wish everyone realized this from the beginning.

Comment

It doesn't matter really when you realize it, it's hard to at the beginning but once time passes and some healing has happened should you look at the big picture.
                        These are good words to live by, it would make things that much better for everyone especially the children.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X