Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:34 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkc View Post
I guess the other thing is I got good info..how do I remove the thread
If people could remove their threads, lots of good information would be lost. If you want your questions to remain private, use the messaging feature of the forum.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:43 AM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...ad.php?t=17961

Please review the above post. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2018, 01:00 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

let me just say- gross. all of your posts scream "WHAT ABOUT MY MONEY???!!!"....here's some advice- start thinking about your kids. You claim she has an addiction issue AND she's violent. And you've done what to protect your kids so far?

I've only been on this board for a short time- but this...this is not a crazy story. This is par for the course.

My best friend is a family gp and also runs a cosmetics practice- and let me just say- family lawyers see doctors and they see $$$$. You're better to make a fair and reasonable settlement. No one feels financial sympathy for doctors, and if the divorced male doctors I know are any indication- esp. not the courts.

I do have a question regarding custody- you said you're going to get 50-50...has she agreed to this?

Last edited by iona6656; 12-10-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:24 PM

Kkc is on a distinguished road

The addiction seems to have stopped CAS is involved. She has been violent to me. Not to the kids.
My story is akin to a bully beating up a kid stealing his lunch money and the principle patting him on the back.

Our nesting agreement is without prejudice. I do not know what kind of an argument she will make where 50 50 does not happen. If I have to slow down my practice and work less that will happen. My kids are the priority, not my job. At the same time, I have not agreed to give her 50-50, we are asking for sole custody and in the alternative 50/50. In her initial claim, she has not provided one reason why I should not have 50/50 and why she should have sole.

Her affadativ is full of lies and there is no actual proof on anything whereas mine has a 1 inch binder backing up all my claims.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:26 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkc View Post
If I have to slow down my practice and work less that will happen.
Some (many) judges feel that parents, and fathers in particular, have an obligation to maximize their income. They may not agree that you can slow down your practice. Well, you always can, but a judge may impute income at your normal level to encourage you to be productive.

My point is, be careful about blithely stating in writing anywhere that you intend to deliberately reduce your income.