Retro Child Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Child Support

Morning, has anyone been awarded a retroactive child support? How did you receive it? What were your circumstances that it was awarded? Did the judge go back the typical 3 years? TIA

I was awarded 3 years retrospective child support. I provided the courts with copies of emails each year requesting NOA and T-4 along with an organized spreadsheet by month outlining what support should have been and what was paid then totalled up what the difference was to calculate arrears to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemongirl View Post
      I was awarded 3 years retrospective child support. I provided the courts with copies of emails each year requesting NOA and T-4 along with an organized spreadsheet by month outlining what support should have been and what was paid then totalled up what the difference was to calculate arrears to date.
      Thank you for your response Lemongirl.
      Last edited by jubilee777; 09-30-2019, 04:43 PM. Reason: Didn't read the response correctly.

Comment

Lemongirl, was it done as a motion to change?

Comment

Yes it was a Motion to change that was previously filed through the court. Once updated it was sent to FRO to make the adjustments on their end.

Comment

We are about to go to arbitration and asking for more than 8 years retro cs and ss. My ex has been delaying that long, hiding income and has been deceitful. Karma is about to bite his ass.

We are also asking for it in a lump sum to be paid immediately as well as future child support and s7 including post secondary education costs paid upfront in a lump sum. He has the money and can pay it. We are asking for the lump sums for everything plus lump sum equalization payment because of the bath faith things he has done which we discovered during preparation for mediation. Had I known earlier what he had done, I never would have agreed to mediation in the first place as we will have to go back to court after arbitration regardless of the outcome.
            Last edited by Stillbreathing; 09-30-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
              We are about to go to arbitration and asking for more than 8 years retro cs and ss. My ex has been delaying that long, hiding income and has been deceitful. Karma is about to bite his ass.

We are also asking for it in a lump sum to be paid immediately as well as future child support and s7 including post secondary education costs paid upfront in a lump sum. He has the money and can pay it. We are asking for the lump sums for everything plus lump sum equalization payment because of the bath faith things he has done which we discovered during preparation for mediation. Had I known earlier what he had done, I never would have agreed to mediation in the first place as we will have to go back to court after arbitration regardless of the outcome.
              Do you have to prove the children "suffered" without the increased child support? What would constitute "suffering"?

Comment

No because his income used to calculate the original cs was extremely inaccurate. He has also never paid any s7 or SS so all these issues remain live issues as we have been litigating for all these years without a resolution .

Comment

Is this a question of “can I get cs when I never asked for it” or a question of “I asked my ex for income info and they never provided it”?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X