Exclusive possession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sucessfuljourney View Post
    For any mother that may be reading this, please don't assume such a fear is a valid reason to remove your kids from their father and deny access. This poster in particular had many allegations of abuse against the father of her children, and put them through supervised access with their very own father knowing he was never a danger to them in the first place and that she was going to give him lots of parenting time on consent anyways. Which she eventually did.

Always love your children more than you hate your ex. I know this case, the children aren't biological kids, but don't want any moms out there picking up the wrong vibe and gaming the system putting their kids through hell and back after a separation.
    That was not me.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      This man is not their father. He is her second husband and has little to do with the kids.

He moved into her home with her and then started acting erratically. He is holding her hostage in her own house. She has never claimed domestic violence, she has said that living in a house with someone who has manic episodes that target her is difficult. Added to that is the fact he stopped carrying his weight financially.

Read the history before you go spouting off on your tangents.
      Thank you. I'm glad someone realizes I'm not this other person they're confusing me with. He has made offside comments about plotting my murder and he's been writing me abusive emails. He's abusive but all I want is to have my home back before I let him move in. He used me and I'm an idiot but you're right, these are not his kids.

To whoever said I'm trying for exclusive possession because I'm woman is wrong. I am because he's slowly losing it and I can tell when he's going through withdrawal by the emails he writes. When he's been doing lines, he writes lucid emails. My kids shouldn't have to be around an addict in their own home, which is supposed to be their safe place.

Comment

Originally posted by sucessfuljourney View Post
        Women of these characteristics are the same for the most part. If a women was in true danger, she would be leaving the house immediately and calling the cops. Not ranting off online for 2 months.

I suspect now she is going to do just that, and make the infamous case of "I left the home and called the cops - I am therefore a victim of domestic violence".. "oh.. and my kids are therefore in danger also."

Oh m'amm... why did you stay in the house for so long then?
        Oh... uhm... I wanted sole exclusive position of the house. I'm actually still in the house and filing a summary judgement motion for that. Would you mind looking over my affidavit?

Monsters are created out of man way too more often than even close to necessary. Hear it and see it all the time.

Will never forgot the kind man who had to see all his 3 kids in supervised access as a final order because of what his ex did to them. Great father. Feel really sorry for those kids till this day. While in there, one of the kids ball went over the fence, he jumped over to bring it back... right away they pulled all the kids in and called the cops to make a report... all because the kind father just wanted to get the kids their ball back....
        I know he was banned but for the record, I did go to the police. I also offered to help my husband find medical help and he told me to fuck off.

Comment

You don't need to justify yourself at all. You are living with a crazy man. I was there and I know the terror you feel! The fear is paralyzing. It's crippling. Your head spins and you try to keep your shit together for your kids. Your wheels are spinning and all you know is that you need to keep yourself and children safe. Your safe haven is no longer. It's a horrible thing to go through. I lived this for 6 months. My ex snapped and choked me. Police imposed a no contact order and that basically forced our physical separation. It saved my life. I moved out with my small kids. However, that left a sick man in the home. He made the house go to shit. I got an order for exclusive possession but not to live in it. I knew I couldn't feel safe there anymore. So I got exclusive to clean and sell it so I could access my equity and support my kids . And because he is on title I first got order to list and sell without his consent. My concern was he would not accept any offers and he would continue to stall shit. I could not communicate with him anyway. If he is not on title, can you evict him? Anyone know if this is possible?

Comment

He threatened to kill you? ....A threat of violence is enough to get an emergency protection order. Is it in an email as well?

Comment

Originally posted by StuckinAB View Post
              He threatened to kill you? ....A threat of violence is enough to get an emergency protection order. Is it in an email as well?
              He said he was upstairs snorting coke and plotting my murder and then said that was meant to be funny and I said it was not. It became less funny when I found he lied about not being on drugs and he was really was doing coke. Adding a haha or lol does not make it funny. How did he event think to say something like that?

Comment

You may want to do some reading on BPD / NPD forums as well. The mental illness makes it difficult (and costly!) to deal with, I know it all too well.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X