No announcement yet.

Royal Road To Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faced with no funding for a trial, there really was no good alternative for her but to swallow her pride and agree to the joint 50/50.

I am in no way shape or form defending the kind of shenanigans she pulled, but there is still a strong perception among many people that mothers only get 50/50 or less if they are a bad mother, where there no similar sentiment for fathers. This is not a good perception, but it nonetheless exists. I guess time and more successful 50/50 splits will change this.

I experienced this personally when my D had initially less than 50/50 with my GD due to her exes withholding and lies and then again when she agreed to 50/50 despite having an OCL recommendation heavily in her favour. Comments like, well if she doesn't want to be a full time mom, I guess that's ok. These are totally unfair points of view and very old fashioned, but if people with that sort of viewpoint are influencing moms in a custody dispute, it can really inflame the situation.

At any rate, I am super pleased for LF and his D4.

Comment

• Tayken,

Thanks for clearing a lot of that stuff up. I didn't know LAO SC's and LAO meditations were the same. I was confused because the SC judge in court called it a LAO mediation and then the LAO guy at the office said "This is NOT mediation..Its a conference". For some reason he wanted to make that very clear.

I think Justice Pazaratz's needs to hold lectures, educate and write books (if he doesn't already) .. he doesn't only "get it"..he's doing something about it.

Peaceful:

Thanks so much. D4 and I are very pleased that my rights as a parent were rightfully restored.

Comment

• LovingFather32 i've been reading this thread from the 1st post to this one.

Congrats to you and D4 on your settlement.

Your posts and achievements are comforting and offer optimism to dad's fighting to gain access to their Children.

I'm going to my 2nd SC in March... I really hope I can come back with similar results.

The thought of going to trial is frightening and as far as i'm concerned un-called for in most cases.

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
        Tayken,

Thanks for clearing a lot of that stuff up. I didn't know LAO SC's and LAO meditations were the same. I was confused because the SC judge in court called it a LAO mediation and then the LAO guy at the office said "This is NOT mediation..Its a conference". For some reason he wanted to make that very clear.

I think Justice Pazaratz's needs to hold lectures, educate and write books (if he doesn't already) .. he doesn't only "get it"..he's doing something about it.

Peaceful:

Thanks so much. D4 and I are very pleased that my rights as a parent were rightfully restored.

Comment

• Originally posted by otttawa_dad View Post
          LovingFather32 i've been reading this thread from the 1st post to this one.

Congrats to you and D4 on your settlement.

Your posts and achievements are comforting and offer optimism to dad's fighting to gain access to their Children.

I'm going to my 2nd SC in March... I really hope I can come back with similar results.

The thought of going to trial is frightening and as far as i'm concerned un-called for in most cases.
          I'd love to hear ore about the details of your case.

- Claims of abuse? Denials of Access? Does ex have legal Aid?, etc.

Comment

• My Ex doesn't have legal aid

she played all the usual tricks...many of which were false.

Allegation of abuse (physical, mental and verbal)
            Allegation of substance abuse (alcohol, drugs)
            Not the primary caregiver
            Unfit father

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X