This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOA's - FINALLY RECEIVED

Hi I finally received the NOA's from my ex for the past 3 years.
    Is this the correct way to do it ?

My NOA + His NOA = TOTAL and then work out the proportionate % each owes for the Section 7 Expenses per year ?

Thanks.

E-Gal NOA + E-Guy NOA = Total

E-Gal/Total = E-Gal %

E-Guy/Total = E-Guy %

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
      E-Gal NOA + E-Guy NOA = Total

E-Gal/Total = E-Gal %

E-Guy/Total = E-Guy %
      Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Gal View Post
        Hi I finally received the NOA's from my ex for the past 3 years.
        Is this the correct way to do it ?

My NOA + His NOA = TOTAL and then work out the proportionate % each owes for the Section 7 Expenses per year ?

Thanks.
        Mess is correct in the equation.

I'm not sure about your personal situation but there are also adjustments to each person's income for s.7 depending on the situation. they are listed in section 3.1 here: Family Law Act - O. Reg. 391/97

Originally posted by oink View Post
        Op's ex probably won't like being called E-Guy
        I'm sure E-Guy has been called much worse

Comment

Thank you I will read the link.
          Another question : Is CS determined on a yearly basis ? and does the fornula below

Ex income minus my income equals what he should pay in yearly support or do we go by the court order that's dated 2010 which has been the given amount he's supposed to be paying at.

His income has suddenly "reduced" (shouldn't be a surprise, because he said he would make sure to earn less so that he would not have to pay too much child support) however, on my side it has increased every year (good for me - that means I've moved on and am doing much better :-).

much appreciated.

Comment

sorry........I mean.......the difference between his income and mine = the basis on which CS is calculated.

Comment

The reason how it was reduced might be important.

If a lot of the money was overtime I don't think you can do much about it.

If they are still fully employed at the same job you will have a hard to arguing they are underemployed.

Some people have the option of Cash or Lieu when it comes to OT. If they choose to take the lieu instead of Cash then I highly doubt any judge would impute that income on the other party.

This is only one way a person might be able to reduce their income I'm sure there are many others.

Comment

If your ex is voluntarily under-employing himself than you can argue that he should still be paying support at the old level, though that might require returning to court. Other than that CS should be adjusted each year according to incomes.

Comment

Ok, so does this mean that the CS adjustment is to be retroactive ?

His salary decreased by $3K from 2009 to 2010
                  and $ 7 K from 2010 to 2011.

Mine has seen an increase of of $ 1.1K from 2009 to 2010
                  and 8K from 2010 to 2011.

Comment

Usually, it gets adjusted annually, after tax time is over and the updated numbers are known. I'm not sure why your ex would not have done so till now, since his income decreased and it would have been to his benefit.

You can either calculate what it ought to have been the last few years and get caught up with someone paying a retroactive amount to the other, or just start fresh with this year's numbers. Whatever you both agree on. Just don't spend more on lawyers arguing than the amount would be!

Oh, and it isn't exactly the difference between your incomes that is used to determine offset CS. You find his CS amount and yours and the difference between THAT is the offset amount. So look up both incomes on the tables and then subtract, not subtract first then look at the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
                      Oh, and it isn't exactly the difference between your incomes that is used to determine offset CS. You find his CS amount and yours and the difference between THAT is the offset amount. So look up both incomes on the tables and then subtract, not subtract first then look at the table.
                      Thank you for the information. A couple of quick questions.

1. This applies also whether or not our child lives with me 100% of the time right now ? He has supervised visits, and she does not stay over.

2. He has refused to reimburse me the Sec 7 Expenses for the past 3-1/2 years - can I ask that it be included/taken into account on a monthly basis re: CS ? or would that mean that if I did it that way (if it could be), that if the expenses end up being more than what the alloted monthly amt was, I would have to pay the difference out of pocket ?

The expenses vary from year to year.......and the Orthodontic bill which will be coming up in a couple of months is going to be about $ 5K.

Comment

1) If E-Guy doesn't have >40% access he is required to pay the full table amount based on his income. Your income has no bearing on how much he pays.

2) If you are having problems with s. 7 payments you can apply to have the FRO enforce the payments (if it's in the order you should have no problem with it).

Comment

Originally posted by SingingDad View Post
                          1) If E-Guy doesn't have >40% access he is required to pay the full table amount based on his income. Your income has no bearing on how much he pays.

2) If you are having problems with s. 7 payments you can apply to have the FRO enforce the payments (if it's in the order you should have no problem with it).

1) Okay, he doesn't have any access at this point. Thank you for clarifying.

2) The Order only mentions for Sec 7 expenses for us to pay proportionate to our income, and now that I have the NOA's for the past 3 years. I can forward that to them to get that addressed.

Thank you for your help SingingDad :-)

BTW....lol...please don't call him E-Guy.....(let's stick to EX) :-)
                          Please I'm trying to distance myself from him......not get the names linked..lol

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X