Are FRO payments interrupted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are FRO payments interrupted?

My ex has decided to start paying FRO at the end of the month. I don't have child support for March yet. Are payments still being deposited? Just wondering so I can make alternate arrangements.

Originally posted by cranberry View Post
    My ex has decided to start paying FRO at the end of the month. I don't have child support for March yet. Are payments still being deposited? Just wondering so I can make alternate arrangements.
    if I remember FRO is usually a month or so behind. This is from their website

receive my support payment?
    If there are no complications, you can expect to receive your first payment within 30 to 60 days of registration. After that, when we receive a support payment, we deposit it in your account usually within 48 hours. Learn more
    Last edited by standing on the sidelines; 03-20-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

They are still taking my payments. The 30-60 days may be increased by this situation.

Comment

It's going to he worse when payors can no longer pay from massive job loss.

Def a conundrum because covid is clearly a material change in circumstance..but there are no courts

A family lawyer will have clients on both sides of the coin

I really have no clue how this will pan out

Comment

LCBO is essential service according to Premier Ford.
          FRO not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Abba435 View Post
            LCBO is essential service according to Premier Ford.
            FRO not sure.
            Have you ever seen an alcoholic try to go cold turkey and quit drinking? Some need hospital care for it as withdrawal is so bad. I think he is just trying to make sure that hospital beds are available for virus patients.

FRO will most likely still be up and running.

Comment

The one I deal with (not FRO) states on their website their priority is to make sure payments are made and sent. I guess their province hasn’t been hit with massive layoffs like Alberta and Ontario. As long as they get their money.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X