Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inforcing court orders for visitation

my ex is refusing to provide even phone contact let alone my monthly visit

my order states 1 week a month and generous access , he is autistic and lives 6 hours away between paying support and living expenses there is not any money to run back and forth to court , its been three months since i spoken or seen him i have saved up to go to court in october but will they force her to obay the court order

Hi, you must motion for contempt. do it yourself. go here http://ontariocourtforms.on.ca/en/fa...w-rules-forms/ and fill out form 31.

serve and file.

Comment

Do a search on my name and parenting time, I have posted a number of times what to do on the matter.

Comment

Just curious, what do the the courts do to enforce access? Are there ever any real consequences of not allowing access?

Comment

Originally posted by ifonlyihadknown View Post
          Just curious, what do the the courts do to enforce access? Are there ever any real consequences of not allowing access?
          Eventually... but it takes a long time, with many warnings dispensed by the court. There was a case where a judge mused about why there was no version of FRO for access. The reality is though that when it comes to parenting time enforcement, you are on your own.

That said, the only route is through court. You must document, and bring your case to court. At first not much will happen, anticipate that you will have to go to court multiple times for multiple different violations before anything begins to change.

I would say to self-represent, but you want to hit the gatekeeping parent with costs, and it helps to have lawyer fees to make sure that there are costs to be paid. Insist that your lawyer sends an offer to settle almost immediately, for something slightly less than your court ordered parenting time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X