Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex husband paying girlfriend to babysit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
    Key words �I think�

Is this on his financial statement or to claim from you? If it is inflated on his financial statement then it makes no difference since most of what is on financial statements is inflated. Again, unless he is trying to get your share, it�s irrelevant.

Again: �I think�

So your info is from your kids. You haven�t been provided anything directly.

You are getting into the (useless) weeds again. Not to mention you are trying to control your ex.
    He is refusing to provide an updated financial statement without me disclosing information about my business. We are at a standstill. I am happy staying in the house with him paying all the bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
      The question is, can it be a legitimate S7 expense? I think I have seen grandmothers being paid caring fees and being able to claim them.

I suspect if the amount is "reasonable" (ie. less than the prevailing market rate) and the girlfriend is otherwise giving up paid renumeration, a court might see these as legitimate expenses?

I swear I've seen a case that addressed this, I'll see if I can find it.
      I have some case law where a judge craps on Granparents getting paid somewhere. Never that they should be paid.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue22 View Post
        He is refusing to provide an updated financial statement without me disclosing information about my business. We are at a standstill. I am happy staying in the house with him paying all the bills.

And there it is. You still haven’t disclosed your info. I wouldn’t be so quick to judge his delay since you refuse to provide yours.

Your lawyer still charges while you play this game. He might be paying the bills now but you will have a large bill in the future.

Pull your head out of your ass and provide your disclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
          Going to take a different look at this. I find it odd that someone who makes over $500k annually would try to alleviate some of his support payment by padding s.7 expenditures. That is the type of salary that does not lend itself to resorting to pettiness.

Key words in her post “I think”. She is focusing on what he may be doing rather than providing her financial disclosure which after (I believe) six months is the dumbest thing to do.

Comment

You are absolutely obligated to turn over your business financials... 100%. To not do so, is just a huge waste of your money and likely have to cover his legal fees to get you to disclose.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue22 View Post
              OK. This sums is it up. TrueBlue is happy with things they way they are.

For the rest of us it would be good to know about the babysitting thing. Daycare by a professional daycare is one thing, baby sitting is something different even if it is during the day, it is like a nanny.

Comment

Going to take a different look at this. I find it odd that someone who makes over $500k annually would try to alleviate some of his support payment by padding s.7 expenditures. That is the type of salary that does not lend itself to resorting to pettiness.
                Good point. In the grand scheme of things... You would need some serious child care to off-set the CS owed on 500k. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                  Good point. In the grand scheme of things... You would need some serious child care to off-set the CS owed on 500k. I agree.
                  but only a little bit to set-off your ex

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
                    but only a little bit to set-off your ex

I have a feeling the kids have been left with gf a few times and tb22 is pissed and making up ideas about what he is doing and why. All to avoid dealing with the real issue which is disclosure.

Im actually surprised her ex hasnt filed a motion for disclosure which he would win costs on. Unless he is planning that along with a big motion and is about to blind side her.

Comment

I always feel sad for the kids in these type of divorce battle situations.

But also- I really REALLY want to see the decision on this case reported if it ever makes it to court. Sheeit- I want to see the entire transcript of the proceeding.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                        I always feel sad for the kids in these type of divorce battle situations.

But also- I really REALLY want to see the decision on this case reported if it ever makes it to court. Sheeit- I want to see the entire transcript of the proceeding.

Me too. Especially since she will be that petty parent at every single event focused on herself and her feelings.

I wish I could be in the court room when the judge blasts her for her games. I just had the transcripts from my husband’s motion and he had to fill in where she blustered, where she cried and where she continued to anger the judge.

Comment

That is what I am thinking. Ex has serious cash and is not paying a lawyer to stall or just get through the process. TB22's ex wants the house sold so he can finalize everything dealing with his ex, including equalization. My sense is that she will get served with a motion dealing with everything in one swoop.
                          Bingo.

But, it will be after enough time where the "need" for SS will have a solid argument in his favor. If you are making 500K... the math to stall works out.

Life time SS vs not a life time of SS.

What also is happening is that the 500k parent probably has a really good lawyer... Who works with high income earners... They will drag the other parent to poverty then make a one-time SS final offer lump sum payment that will cover off their silly legal debt... Life time of SS gone... CS is a joke to a 500k earner... As well, CS generally doesn't last forever.

I mean its pretty common in the high price legal disputes...

Comment

Listen to Tayken. There's no need to keep attacking OP!! Ex is most likely well represented and knows what he's doing.

Comment

... her ex wants to conclude all ties to her, yet OP won't even release her financial statements to get ball rolling on that standard step in the process.
                              Understand that if ex wanted this over with, he'd have full control to do that long ago. Then let the strong feelings towards OP go...

Comment

That is exactly what has been going on. The OP has already spent over $100k in legal bills and has not even stepped into the courtroom yet. The OP's lawyer should have caught on regarding the delay and drain tactic and offered the OP a strategy to stop the bleeding of finances. OP is banking on a windfall but doesn't realize that windfall is diminishing more and more with time and legal fees.
                                One thing to note... That all lawyers, like contractors in any industry, are working for their own profitability first then their client. So, the reason that the OP's lawyer hasn't "caught on" is because they are running up the bill knowing this is going to happen. See the only people profiting from the conflict are the lawyers. So it is in the best interests of BOTH lawyers to run up the money.

Both lawyers know how much money there is to be made on the file... They have seen it all before... and profited from it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X