No announcement yet.

En Route toward SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all your advice. I've been following LV32's threads way back from the start and I took a lot of stuff from them. I had to change from three different lawyers and I now realise that they were all playing the lengthy way of solving the issues to only bill their services. Where I am now? At square 1.

I'm self reping now.

Almost every issues are still not solved. Damage is done and probably not revocable. As per Tayken's comments, it is very hard to change a kids view when they are over 14 yo. Everything was OK until the CL interviewed all the kids. Then, D14 stopped completely all her access. Now, D8 is starting to act a bit weird. She's next on the list. STBX did gain what she wanted with D14 and now started to play the same game with D8. Both of my daughters are very confident that I abused their mother verbally and physically during our 15 years mariage. The CL acknowledged that the girls had recounted stuff that might have occurred before they were even born and that they also witnessed it. How can you witness something when you were not there? To fix the damage... she recommends that I go into reunification therapy with my girls. I don't know if it will be worth it with D14 as she is very close to her mother and with D8 with an access of only 4% per month. I am persuaded that the damage will be more severe if she keeps on spending more time with the parent who causes all this.

No problem with S16. He wants more time with me. He will eventually ask to increase the access on a progressive schedule. He just need to adjust to the new situation and to his new home.

Unfortunately, a trial is indeed, the only way to stop her from doing all this shit to my kids. Too late for D14, but a trial will preserve my contact with D8. I will testify and throw all the evidences before the justice that shows who really she is. I dare her to prove any DV... there were none. I can prove she had a bad behaviour, I can prove I was a very involved dad, she can't prove any of her allegations. Resolving our disputes outside the court would preferably be faster and less expensive, but surely would not stop his bad behavior and would not bring any consequences for being the author of such bad conduct.

Until my trial in January, I won't gain any more access. Another Christmas without my children unless S16 ask for more. I will encourage him to do so. I hope it's the last time this time.

Comment

Theres no harm in reunification therapy if its with a skilled therapist and you go on a regular schedule.

I would caution on the alienation unless its in a report from a professional. PA is hard to prove. Your best bet is the proof of the denial of access and ways you would like to reconnect with your 14yo. Judges are hesitant to "force" a teen to do anything but if you have documentation of the refusals, the reasons behind the refusals (all documented) and any negative comments made, you might have a bit of a chance.

Comment

You need to have specific accusations like:
        my ex-wife has been alienating my children from me by telling them x,y and z

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X