Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$41,753 for the assessment?? no way! Our assessment was done by a well known child psychologist downtown Toronto who charges by the hour ($300) for total cost of $9,000 for the assessment, which included interviewing members of both extended family, play therapy, contacted third parties (children's school, therapists, OCL, etc).
    Did you not sign a contract prior to the assessment which included the total cost of the agreement. Some people couldn't afford to pay that much, I certainly wouldn't have been able too.
    It didn't cost anything $ for the OCL lawyer, or should say didn't in our case and was ordered by the Court. Maybe someone else knows if they had to pay?

Comment

Originally posted by mommaofthree View Post
      The psychologist felt that she would be better served in a home where she would be raised as an only child. I have two other children and apparently that is an issue.
      I have a very difficult time believing that's all there is to it. By those standards, should your ex get involved with someone else and have more children himself, your child should be adopted out to a child free family.

Sounds like there's way more to the story then is being told.

Comment

. I mentioned before that I scored high on the parental stress test but I am not sure that should set off any major alarm bells
        I'd have set off half the city if that were the case. I placed on the extreme end of the "stress" tests, but scored in the normal range for all the others. Basic conclusion:

"He's stressed out because of the situation, but has proven mentally and emotionally fit to handle things in an appropriate manner."

Comment

Blinkandimgone: I wish there was more to it. The question was raised on what would happen should her dad and partner have children as they are planning this for the future. The psychologist just commented that it would have to be reviewed if and when that does happen.

Comment

I am not located in Toronto, another province entirely. I just don't think there should be so many differences across canada for family law. There is a huge difference in the amount of resources available and it just shouldn't be so!

Comment

Who was your psychologist? I'm just about to start a custody assessment in Ottawa and was wondering if anyone had any recommendation.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X