Spousal support entitlement, "disability" and BPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helpmyspouse View Post
    In his life, he burned every bridge. I felt sorry for him and didn't want him homeless. But that came back to bite me in the butt. Don't feel sorry for your wife. She will throw you under the bus. Do what's best for your kids. Always.
    I'm in the house, she's the one that had to move out back in January due to some other incidents. So I'm safe from this point of view. And this gives the kids some stability.

Like you, I tried to help. I felt sorry for her. I did everything I can. And now I realize that yes, like you say, she'd throw me under the bus. She even contacted the kids by message and told them "can we talk one last time? I understand that you like your father more than me". That was <20 hrs after being released on conditions! I'm not even sure she puts the kids first. It makes me sick. And I've decided to stop being sorry. It's a sad situation, but I shouldn't feel sorry about it since I did what I could.

So yes, I'll do what's best for the kids.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X