This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do expect from First Appearance?

Filed Motion to Change CS, Police Enforced Child Visitation. X-wife didn't respond and I got a call from her Lawyer saying they will do so by the appearance which is next week. What do I need to prepare for for the meeting?

Advice.

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's supposed to work this way.

AFAIK, you file, they respond, and you have another (final) say - all *before* appearing in court. If they fail to respond before the deadline (and certainly before showing up at court), the motion is deemed uncontested and is blessed as filed.

I am interested to see more replies to this thread, as I am just regurgitating stuff I've heard along the way, though - probably wrong.

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary M View Post
      I may be wrong, but I don't think it's supposed to work this way.

AFAIK, you file, they respond, and you have another (final) say - all *before* appearing in court. If they fail to respond before the deadline (and certainly before showing up at court), the motion is deemed uncontested and is blessed as filed.

I am interested to see more replies to this thread, as I am just regurgitating stuff I've heard along the way, though - probably wrong.

Cheers!

Gary
      This makes sense to me.

Comment

I am just regurgitating stuff I've heard along the way, though - probably wrong.
        Gary M - hate to say this but respectfully even your posts - even those from recollection are usually spot on - not sure if I ever ran into you ever being "probably wrong"!. Even when your passion has you pushing the envelope on a particular subject what you say has revelance and at the very least leave the OP with something to think about. You help us all - thank you!!

Comment

Thank you for responses. I am asking the court clerk who we are meeting next Wednesday to schedule a Case Conference (Form 17). What other forms do I need to complete for my initial meeting with the court clerk. My X-wife's lawyer will be providing me with their response at that time (it was due Dec 31st).

Comment

Originally posted by ddol1 View Post
            Gary M - hate to say this but respectfully even your posts - even those from recollection are usually spot on - not sure if I ever ran into you ever being "probably wrong"!. Even when your passion has you pushing the envelope on a particular subject what you say has revelance and at the very least leave the OP with something to think about. You help us all - thank you!!
            So, you're saying that I'm wrong about being wrong? Seems that I just can't get it right

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We all bring something to the table... some bring information, some bring wisdom, some bring a shoulder to cry on, and some bring a boot in the butt. Together, we all bring bits and pieces of the whole puzzle and together we provide that which people in our collective situation need to get through it.

Among other things, I needed a kick in the butt and that was ably provided by some of the old-timers here. I, in turn, choose to provide that needed kick to others. Some appreciate it, some don't but in the end if even one person is helped by my, um, "unrefined" approach, then I have managed to pay forward some of what I owe to the people on this forum.

It all boils down to my belief that if you stand helpless in the middle of the road, you will eventually be mowed down. If a kindly stranger chooses to push you out of the way, you might get dirty or maybe even a boo-boo, but you'll be alive and less injured than had you been nailed by a dump-truck. Some people appreciate the shove and some will whine and wail about their boo-boo - such is life. As I am rather fond of saying, I don't give a rat's ass: I am here to "pay it forward" - what people choose to do with my knowledge/advice/wisdom is up to them.

You mentioned passion, though, and you nailed what makes me tick: I am a champion for kids, who are the real victims and who often get lost in the smoke and haze created by "adults" going through this process. Another hot button is people who expect others to carry them through life. Yeah, I've been burned, and yeah, I tend to go berserk when these dynamics present (sue me: I'm Nordic (grin))... Oh well, that's what makes me me - I like the person I see in the mirror each day and the rest of you can go pound sand

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X