This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know?

Does any one know what happen after FRO issue a driving licence warning and 35 days passed. In my case this happen 2nd time. First warning was issued in last quarter of 2011, and then I was able to found the employer name and FRO started garnishing wages (so first warning became nil). Since he quit his previous job sometime in Sep 2011, and started new one, only small amounts are being received by FRO, such as 60, 80 per month. However, 2nd warning was issued sometime earlier this year. I am not sure what is going on now as I do not see any child support payment (FRO did not respond my recent request about updates on my case). He is being defaluted on current months for no reason.

If he keeps remitting 60 or 80 per month, does this mean that it will stop FRO to take enforcement action. I have told FRO that he is working full time and he is in his fuorth month now. I want him to behave and follow the order that we have for child support. Thanks

Unfortunately, you cannot fix stupid. You need to speak with your FRO worker to see what the current status is.

It can take MONTHS for them to move forward with any action. (and be ready for the ex to start desperation tactics as that day gets closer).

You can't MAKE the ex play nice, you are already in a situation where he's pretty stuck. If he gets in arrears, they will start kicking restrictions into gear. That can take months or longer though.

In the meantime, start trying to live WITHOUT the CS. CS should be an extra, not a necessity for you to survive.

I see a lot of complaints on the forums here about "needing" the CS to pay basic bills. If that is the case, you are doing it wrong. If you KNOW you cannot count on the ex to pay his CS in a timely manner, then you need to start taking action to live within your means.

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
      I see a lot of complaints on the forums here about "needing" the CS to pay basic bills. If that is the case, you are doing it wrong. If you KNOW you cannot count on the ex to pay his CS in a timely manner, then you need to start taking action to live within your means.
      Judges are now starting to actually state this to parents in motion hearings. I have seen a few motion hearings recently where justices actually stated this exact quote:

"you need to start taking action to live within your means"

Good Luck!
      Tayken

Comment

I hear you and am right there with you... my ex is brilliant at jumping jobs, appeasing FRO for a bit to have a License revok stopped.. I have heard of at least 4 License revoks towards my ex - not a single one was followed through. All your ex needs to do is call them and make "arrangments".. Seems to be what my ex has mastered.
        and YES you should be living within your means... however to even think that CS should be considered an extra is sad. Children require food, hydro, clothes etc etc... of course being able to "live within your means" sounds wonderful, but 2 people brought the children into the picture - 2 people should be responsible for providing. When I was single, I bought food for 1, clothes for 1, hydro to accomodate 1 etc etc.. now that is x3

Comment

Hi all:

Thanks a lot for all the replies. At least, it brings some hope.

Neverending: Your name is very impressive. This is exactly what it is. if ex do not want to pay the chid support, and do not want to cooperate with other issues related to children. It is neverending even after having the final order. I appreciate your input.

I think in my case, $60, $90 are working for him with FRO. I am going to ask FRO this next week by faxing them that if they consider $90 are sufficent money and FRO does not need to take any action. Why people think "consider child support extra while the children are from the both paretns marraige". So both parent should be paying towards for their food and shelter & other stuff." However I do apprecite every one's input.

I never asked for supposal support and never wanted because a person who underemployed himself for almost 4 year because child support (his own chidren)amt was higher, how can one's expect a supposal support from him. Just imagin the damage he had done to his career by underemploying himself. Now back to normal job but not even ready to pay the child support amt agreed on low income. I am trying to live within my means but fighing for kids rights as older kid will start university in couple year. A peson whose capabilty to earn is at 3rd place or 4th place after DOCTORS, and Lawyers , does not need any sympathy for not supporting his own kids.

So here is my question :Sholud I give up and let him do whatever he is doing in terms of not paying child support?

Thanks for all of you again.

Comment

Neverending... I think everyone agrees with what your portraying... but the fact is, when one knows their ex is not reliable in paying their CS... relying on them to do so is just setting yourself up for disaster... if it means cutting out the cable or only using a cell phone instead of a home phone, these are little sacrifices to make to ensure you are able to care for the children without the CS.

Of course the other parent should be paying, but when there is a pattern of nonpayment the CP should not rely on these payments to provide the necessities to the children... as sad as it is...it is a reality for more people than not

On the flip side, I know people who get upset when they pay CS and then the CP spends it on (what seems like) themselves. While in reality is may be true, one has to think about what the CP is providing... if the kids have a roof over their head, clothes on their back and food in their stomach, one should consider that their CS money is going towards the children.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X