Ex proposing list of 3 new therapists for children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex proposing list of 3 new therapists for children

CAS Legal Dept. recommended parents utilize existing psychologist for counselling the children.

Ex response: no changes until I speak with (vacationing) lawyer.
    Ex has proposed to CAS list of 3 therapists for children's counselling.
    Ex: Kid's "don't trust" (court ordered) psychologist used.

Ex was unhappy with psychologist (agreed on consent).
    If I understand correctly, consent or court order is required to force engaging services of new therapist.

Note: Parental alienation has been identified by the court ordered psychologist (complained to CAS), and this psychologist has clear understanding of family dynamics. PA acknowledged and identified in 2 court endorsements.

Comments welcome re: change in therapist...

Originally posted by kidsRworthit View Post
    CAS Legal Dept. recommended parents utilize existing psychologist for counselling the children.

Ex response: no changes until I speak with (vacationing) lawyer.
    Ex has proposed to CAS list of 3 therapists for children's counselling.
    Ex: Kid's "don't trust" (court ordered) psychologist used.

Ex was unhappy with psychologist (agreed on consent).
    If I understand correctly, consent or court order is required to force engaging services of new therapist.

Note: Parental alienation has been identified by the court ordered psychologist (complained to CAS), and this psychologist has clear understanding of family dynamics. PA acknowledged and identified in 2 court endorsements.

Comments welcome re: change in therapist...
    People never like a therapist who is telling them things they don't want to hear. I would suspect the ex dislikes this therapist because he is hindering her ability to brainwash the children against you! The only reason kids would not trust a therapist is if they have a parent telling them not to trust the therapist.

I would stick to the established therapeutic relationship. Though you could interview the three your ex picked out, and see what they are like, and if one may be a better choice. Do they have experience with parental alienation, etc? You could even tell your ex you need time to consider the alternatives she suggested, and use that as a source of delay before you decide to stick to the current one.
    Last edited by Rioe; 08-16-2014, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
      People never like a therapist who is telling them things they don't want to hear. I would suspect the ex dislikes this therapist because he is hindering her ability to brainwash the children against you! The only reason kids would not trust a therapist is if they have a parent telling them not to trust the therapist.

I would stick to the established therapeutic relationship. Though you could interview the three your ex picked out, and see what they are like, and if one may be a better choice. Do they have experience with parental alienation, etc? You could even tell your ex you need time to consider the alternatives she suggested, and use that as a source of delay before you decide to stick to the current one.
      Rioe,

You are on the money with your comments. I suspected precisely that the children are brainwashed by the OP to take a position in support.

I understand and agree with your comment to stick with the existing therapeutic relationship. My ex is withholding counselling at recommendation of CAS Legal Dept. = not in children's best interests.

This psychologist (like many) has clearly stated his intention not to provide a report to the court or become involved in court proceedings.

Frustrating to want to move forward with counselling, however, my ex is subverting the process; unless it is on her terms, and "supporting her agenda" (court endorsement verbage from 2013)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X