Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Willing to take less than half and ex wants court?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willing to take less than half and ex wants court?

Just when I think we have the agreement sorted out my greedy ex starts to think too hard. I am willing to take less than half in equalization. He thinks he is a victim and deserves more. I wasn’t even including joint assets such as furniture, boat, seadoo, ex’s 70k truck. He says now he doesn’t agree and wants to go to court. I’m shocked. How does this happen? Am I right in thinking a judge will think he’s crazy?

Yes, but he will waste your money and his money. Some ex’s would rather the lawyers get the money over their ex. It may also be strategy, bluffing to see if you would fold. How negotiations go depends on your tolerance for it. Personally I would send back another offer where you both get exactly 50% (including all assets like his truck) and if he doesn’t bite then file for the next step in court.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X