This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do?

I notice lately that in my personal situation - the ex seems to have 'ramped-up' the conflict.

I don't care to debate whether or not I encouraged that. But given that it seems to be happening - how does one calm things down?

Suggestions are welcome.

you may not want to debate if you encouraged the ex to ramp up conflct but you have look at your actions and see if there is anything that you did to make her ramp it up.

Comment

Only you know your ex and know how she would react and only you have knowledge of how "difficult" the situation is. Having said that in respect to calming the situation down, you have two choices

1) Do not engage and let there be "silence."

2) Send a carefully worded email stating (for example) "I understand that things have been very stressful of late between us. The intention of this email is not to lay fault with anyone but to accept that the situation is what it is and to try and move on. We have a son together and he needs us to be parents right now. So, can we agree to put our differences aside and work together for his sake."

Comment

Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
        shotgun? you could claim duress due to abuse....opps that only works if your a chick
        really how is that advice helpful? Your female bashing has got to stop. You are just showing once again how much of an ass your are. You should be banned from the board.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
          really how is that advice helpful? Your female bashing has got to stop. You are just showing once again how much of an ass your are. You should be banned from the board.
          Not trying to start a debate on here, but how many females have you seen charged and or falsly accused with domestic violence?
          I think the comment was supposed to be lighthearted, maybe the second half should have been left out but to suggest that someone should be banned because they have an opinion is a bit harsh isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by fireweb13 View Post
            Not trying to start a debate on here, but how many females have you seen charged and or falsly accused with domestic violence?
            I think the comment was supposed to be lighthearted, maybe the second half should have been left out but to suggest that someone should be banned because they have an opinion is a bit harsh isn't it?
            an opinion is one thing, constant bashing of a gender is another.

Comment

It seems that maintaining silence in the face of inflammatory remarks is something many of us have difficulty practicing.

Comment

Smile pleasantly and simply repeat over and over. Please send be an email outlining your concerns and I will respond as appropriate.

Nothing pisses off a high conflict person more than someone who refuses to engage them. Thesecond you engage, you make them feel justified in their behavior. If you don't engage you deny them that, and most of them do not know how to respond.

Comment

SOS is right.. Funny - when I remarked that S-head should be banned, (re: yet another ridiculous remark he made) I apparently offended FaithAndMorals "to the core." Whatever.

WO: just curious, do you maybe stoke the fire sometimes? I know I've been passive-aggressive on occasions in my very limited contact w/ex.

I sometimes get the feeling that you may engage in similar, but I could be wrong. Best to do some "radio silence" for awhile, it is likely the best solution.
                  Last edited by hadenough; 02-03-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I make mistakes all the time. I'm not perfect.

So do we all. I don't involve the police over my hurt feelings though.

She has the thinnest skin going. it's practically non-existant.

Comment

Granted.

I saw your Saturday thread after this one. Involving the police should be a last resort, and only when necessary.

By now, I'm sure you know very well what will set your ex 'off.'
                      I think we all know which buttons to press when it comes to ex's - the trick is NOT to

Comment

Really, anything I do is liable to set her off.

If it were up to her, I would simply cease to exist and she could go merrily on her way.

Unfortunately for her, I will never leave my son like that and she's just gonna have to get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
                          I make mistakes all the time. I'm not perfect.

So do we all. I don't involve the police over my hurt feelings though.

She has the thinnest skin going. it's practically non-existant.

why would you date someone with "thin skin"...thats kinda gross What was the attraction?? (lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Leviathan View Post
                            why would you date someone with "thin skin"...thats kinda gross
                            Not as gross as bangin' the Michelin X man.

Comment

Originally posted by firhill View Post
                              Not as gross as bangin' the Michelin X man.

Is that coming from a personal experience firhill?? lol

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X