Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:40 PM

mafia007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Sounds like parental alienation. I would consult with an experienced family law lawyer in your area and take the kids from her - she's disparaging you to the children and the children aren't thriving under her care.
No, trace of PA but not at 100%. We have to be careful on this one. I just learn this week something else within the same field that could lead to the same damage. This one is call "Parental Interference".

PA is when the custodial parent do everything to keep the other parent out of the life of the children and the children NO LONGER wants to see or have contact with the other parent.

If the children still maintain a relationship with the other parent but there is proof that the custodial parent was involved in activities to affect negatively this relationship, then this is PI. I learn PI is as worst as PA in some cases like mine as my daughters are now suffering to a certain point. Even if they show they are happy being in my care, they also worried on how I could react in any instant because of what Mom had told them. Basically, mom told them horror stories around the fire pit and the horror happens to be their Dad!

Funny though, I don't recall seeing any case with PI. Would need to google and search in CanLii.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:13 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafia007 View Post
No, trace of PA but not at 100%. We have to be careful on this one. I just learn this week something else within the same field that could lead to the same damage. This one is call "Parental Interference".

PA is when the custodial parent do everything to keep the other parent out of the life of the children and the children NO LONGER wants to see or have contact with the other parent.

If the children still maintain a relationship with the other parent but there is proof that the custodial parent was involved in activities to affect negatively this relationship, then this is PI. I learn PI is as worst as PA in some cases like mine as my daughters are now suffering to a certain point. Even if they show they are happy being in my care, they also worried on how I could react in any instant because of what Mom had told them. Basically, mom told them horror stories around the fire pit and the horror happens to be their Dad!

Funny though, I don't recall seeing any case with PI. Would need to google and search in CanLii.

I thought parental interference was when the custodial parent impedes access? You would find many cases of the custodial parent impeding access, such as not complying with court ordered access. They would usually have to voice their concerns to CAS and if CAS has no concerns with the child in your care then she shouldn't be withholding access, judges have and will often reverse custody on that basis - which parent is more likely to foster positive ongoing relationship with the other parent?

I said parental alienation because you mentioned the one child said that she doesn't want any more access or overnight at dads and that OCL has suspicion that the children are saying what the other parents wants to hear, not their true feeling - does CAS have any concerns with the child in your care? Have you ever been charged with assault towards the other parent?
Old 08-19-2016, 02:00 PM

mafia007 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=trinton;210595]I thought parental interference was when the custodial parent impedes access? [QUOTE]

Your are right, there was a bit of this but not as bad as I have seen here for others.

I must correct myself here, as I mixed what was said Yesterday. Instead of Parental Interference, I should have stated "Bad Parenting Stewardship".

Maybe the moderator or Administrator could go back in my thread and change PI to BPS (Bad Parenting Stewardship)?

Thanks
Old 08-19-2016, 02:02 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=mafia007;210599][QUOTE=trinton;210595]I thought parental interference was when the custodial parent impedes access?
Quote:

Your are right, there was a bit of this but not as bad as I have seen here for others.

I must correct myself here, as I mixed what was said Yesterday. Instead of Parental Interference, I should have stated "Bad Parenting Stewardship".

Maybe the moderator or Administrator could go back in my thread and change PI to BPS (Bad Parenting Stewardship)?

Thanks
You could still use that against her, if she's done it in the past, chances are that she might do it in the future.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:29 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Parental interference is many things including saying things and causing issues with access. Any decisions the kids make for access that are based on interference from a parent are PI. The parent saying no is WITHHOLDING/DENYING access.

Parental alienation is when the child(ren) sever the relationship voluntarily because they believe things the custodial parent has told them. If theres still a connection with communications and visiting then its not PA.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Parental interference is many things including saying things and causing issues with access. Any decisions the kids make for access that are based on interference from a parent are PI. The parent saying no is WITHHOLDING/DENYING access.

Parental alienation is when the child(ren) sever the relationship voluntarily because they believe things the custodial parent has told them. If theres still a connection with communications and visiting then its not PA.
If the other parent is not withholding court ordered access or communications but is making disparaging comments to the children about the other parent, then what is that?
Old 08-19-2016, 05:25 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Then theyre making disparaging comments which is inappropriate. If the kids choose to believe that and refuse to see/speak to the other parent as a result then that is alienation.

Alienation means they are alienated. The relationship is severed. The child believes the parent interfering and makes the choice to sever communications.

For instance my partners oldest still speaks to him and his ex INTERFERES by making comments, leading her to believe lies and sharing inappropriate information. Kid still has a relationship with dad but it is coloured by moms interference. Kid 2 has stopped communicating whatsoever because of many reasons that mom has fed. He was mean to mom, he was mean to moms family, he doesnt pay for activities, they cant do stuff because he says no etc. THATS alienation.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:57 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

It may be hostile agressive parenting. PAS and HAP are ywo different things.