This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Country Travel Permissions

My x wants to take my 4 yr old out of country and is requesting a letter.

Is there any percausions I should be addressing in such letter or otherwise? Does anyone have or know a template I could go from.. or should I just write I give permission for [insert name] to travel with [insert name] on the following dates: [insert date]?

http://www.voyage.gc.ca/main/before/..._letter-en.asp

This link will take you to a government web page with sample letters.

FL

Comment

Thanks... maybe a quick question:

I have joint custody - what's the terminoligy there looking for when they say

I/We am (are) the____________________ (lawful custodial parent and/or non-custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s)) of

Comment

Originally posted by CatvsLion
        Thanks... maybe a quick question:

I have joint custody - what's the terminoligy there looking for when they say

I/We am (are) the____________________ (lawful custodial parent and/or non-custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s)) of

Maybe something along the lines of,

We, Mr. X and Mrs. Y have legal jount cusotdy of, XY, and I Mrs. Y am aware that Mr X will be out of the contry from X dated to Y dated, and have our child XY.

They will be staying at, give full adress and telephone number.
        They plan on retunring -------

Make sure the document clearly shows the custody arrangement, and when they will be leaving and returning. The contact info for both parents and contact info of where they will be staying when away.

If it is signed and sworn by both parents it does not have to be exactly as the template. We had a request to travel document, and that is what it included. The custody arrangements the names and full contact info for both parents including telephone numbers, and where the child was travelling to and for how long. It stated that both parents knew of the details and they were in consent.

Good luck

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X