Replace lawyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace lawyer?

The judge granted me the right to seek a divorce while our property and custody matters are still in court. I hired a different lawyer to take care of the Affidavit for divorce. This lawyer is extremely slow. It took them 2 months to draft the paperwork. It was a simple process that should have taken an hour. The paper they sent was riddled with grammatical mistakes. Each time I have to send 2 emails(email a week later a follow up email) to get a simple matter done. Is this normal? Should I change lawyers or just file it myself? How helpful are court staff if I go in person and fill out the paperwork? I am trying to save some money.

You had 2 lawyers at the same time for the same file?

Is the divorce going to be contested?

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
      You had 2 lawyers at the same time for the same file?

Is the divorce going to be contested?
      The divorce was severed from corollary issues. I have a lawyer to deal with property and custody. I hired this new lawyer to get the divorce paperwork done so my partner and I can marry

Comment

Originally posted by Kart321 View Post
        The divorce was severed from corollary issues. I have a lawyer to deal with property and custody. I hired this new lawyer to get the divorce paperwork done so my partner and I can marry
        If it is just paper work then do it yourself.
        I don't know what forms you need but you can always ask at the counter or someone here may tell you.

Comment

I hired this new lawyer to get the divorce paperwork done so my partner and I can marry
          Why? Your first lawyer could do that for you, or you could have done it yourself since it is relatively straightforward. This seems like an unnecessarily complication.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X