X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for Trial Management!!!

I am ready.

Questions I have is dates for trial?

Is it bad if I disagree with dates do to work scheduling?

Is it bad if the ex disagrees with dates?

Can I have a lawyer represent me at trial if I have been self rep since beginning?

Is there any point to continue with presenting offers if all offers have not been responded too?

Mediators on the record. Can this still be done?

Btw, gf is coming along great and is a few months away from our baby being born. We just want to put this all behind us and enjoy our new family with all the kids.

We also purchased a home in the same neighbourhood as my child so that we can be close.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

I think the answer to all your questiono is yes to every one (coincidently). Glad to hear things are going well. It's never too later for mediation right up to just seconds before a trial.

Comment

Trials are normally only a few times a year. If you refuse for whatever reason you will get bumped to the next trial seating which could be several months away.

Comment

In my experience, trials are set for sitting within a specific time period at certain times through the year. So there is probably a 3 week window of trials scheduled.

You are certainly able to ask for accommodation, but it is best to do so only if you would be at great dis-convenience to yourself should trial proceed on the dates as given.

Really, at this stage - you should realize that the courts time is more valuable than yours and make arrangements to be present as directed.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X