Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest piqued.

ANARX -
    I jest but I do so with serious intent: I believe the clash between virgins and non-virgins in our population goes to the heart of most family disruption.

ME -
    Could you explain this, please?

ANARX-
    Yes but it is kind of like discussing religious beliefs with atheists --- a total waste of my time.

I am not going to explain it to you without knowing your sense of morality or your family values. People who share my sense of family values get it without an explanation.

Start a new thread if you want.

So here is the new thread.

Just some background, as you seem to believe my ability to listen to a theory/argument is predicated on it.

I am a caucasion, practicing Catholic. I have post secondary education. I am the father of one child from one previous relationship that resulted in children. I vote Liberal, and I am against Capital Punishment. I am also a staunch supporter of individual rights, and a lifetime member of the National Firearms Association. I live in the East of this great country, in an urban environment.

I hope that qualifies me to be able to listen to your opinion...

I too would like to be enlightened on this clash between virgins and non-virgins that disrupts the family so severely.

My qualifications to listen are that I was once a practising virgin, but lapsed many years ago. Otherwise, I am a rational, thinking human being with an open mind.

Comment

I'm a young person inside a body that was virginal up until the 70's !

I hate margarine, liver, kidneys (or other internal organs), green olives and cottage cheese.

Comment

Consider my interest piqued!

Can someone point me towards the original thread?

Comment

"Patience is a virgin." --- Archie Bunker

Here is the proper context of the joke:

Originally posted by AnarX View Post
          Originally posted by iceberg View Post
          Originally posted by OhMy View Post
          I agree with Otis and will add;

Anger and rage in any form, in any arena, will boil over into other aspects of ones life. Whether someone realizes it or not. It can be all consuming. It can suck what energy you may have left.

It's a state of mind. It's hard to let go of and it can be contagious.

It's not worth it, it won't change the person the anger or rage is directed toward or the situation you are in.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions. Yes, I know the feeling of anger and I have plenty of past and present reasons to be angry and feel rage. I made the choice not to be. Regardless of what the next curve ball might be I refuse to waste my time and energy being angry. It's not good for me or the children involved and solves nothing.

DBD- I mean this with respect, don't assume you are 'the only one' on here that has issues. You anger is seething in most of your posts. Your anger will not help you, but will hinder you.

Let the anger go and work on what you can change and do to better yours and the children's lives in your situation.

Being and staying angry is just not worth it for any reason.
          I heard a saying that the strongest people are those who have A LOT of patience.

Patience pays off in many ways. Anger has destroyed many people....families....
          LOL
          "Patience is a virgin." --- Archie Bunker

I jest but I do so with serious intent: I believe the clash between virgins and non-virgins in our population goes to the heart of most family disruption.

Before starting, I want to pre-emptively address detractors who will hysterically and reflexively cry out: "So, you think people should be forced to stay in a bad/abusive marriage or a miserable family?!? That is abuse!!"
          ANSWER: No, I do not.

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
          I hope that qualifies me to be able to listen to your opinion...
          ....and understand my opinion.
          Thank you. There is enough in there for me to relate my opinion to some of your axioms of faith and other things you may assume to be true. Your voting thing, though? I am not sure! That sounds like a cognitive dissonance on your part!

Let me be clear, I have no interest in convincing you or anybody else of anything nor to change your mind. My interest is only to help you understand my opinion. My opinion is highly offensive to 99% of the common public and my peers --- just like homosexual marriage may perhaps be offensive to some people. Face it, people here in this forum demonstrate their prejudice when they read to the point where they fabricate and misrepresent what they read with an intent to offend. Many people let their emotions take control of many of their decisions --- I cite the recent bill proposal to make equal parenting a default start for all negotiation. That is a long way of saying that I do not expect most people to read my writing with an honest intent to understand or with the ability to understand. Therefore, I am limiting my expression to be as least offensive as possible --- if I can.

I will start with a few basic assumptions:
          (1) I do not need to explain Archie Bunker's joke to you, do I?
          (2) Sex is magic.
          (3) Sex with someone you love is better than sex with someone you do not love.
          (4) Love Is A Battlefield
          (5) Love Is A Drug
          (6) When a man and a woman copulate, they are joined as one flesh.
          (7) Everybody has a soul.
          (8) The definition of marriage and family are both variable across the common public.
          (9) Marriage is love and that love is confirmed or denied through sexual activity or lack thereof.
          (10) Sex outside of marriage is a sin and the wages of sin are death.

Virgins are demonstrably patient and wise people when it comes to matters that are most important to the survival all of humanity, the preservation of the natural world and their own personal sense of individuality or survival.
          Non-virgins are demonstrably impatient people when it comes to love, sex and acts peripherally related to procreation. They teach their life-style to their children.

ONE OF THOSE TWO GROUPS is directly responsible for a vastly disproportion share of the track record of people who lie about love through sex.

ONE OF THOSE TWO GROUPS holds the entire track record of making bad choices which, for some strange reason, creates brand new sentient beings whose only shot at freedom and individuality comes from FIRST submitting to the control and the coercion of the same impatient people who created them --- WITHOUT EXPECTING NOR DEMANDING ANY COMMITMENT from the other person who created the new people and WITHOUT any individual commitment to self-sufficiency.

ONE OF THOSE TWO GROUPS are very happy to publicly humiliate, ostracize, bully, coerce and rape members of THE OTHER GROUP who tends to do nothing of that sort at all.

For various reasons that do not need to be exploicit, ONE OF THOSE TWO GROUPS need to disassociate love from sex. Meanwhile, the OTHER GROUP has no need to do so and in fact, tends to seek the opposite.

ONE OF THOSE TWO GROUPS out-numbers the other group and sets a bad example to their children which is passed on from generation to generation.

As far as I am concerned, that is enough to understand the rest of my opinion. However, I am not going to over-estimate anybody's intelligence nor their intent. Therefore, I will crank it up to 11 and continue.

(11) The desire to have sex outside of marriage comes from an evil force of nature.

When a man and a woman join as one, they are no longer autonomous beings ---- i.e., the thought of individual "rights" goes back onto the dream-shelf and are replaced by individual responsibilities or reality, for lack of a better word.

When a man and a woman are joined as one, they exchange parts of their heart, their bodies, their minds and their souls. That exchange is certainly not always equal in intent. However, the exchange happens.

When a man and a woman join as one but then later separate, they each go away with less of their hearts, their bodies, their minds and their souls leaving less to share with anybody else. Their children are at a competitive evolutionary disadvantage.

When a man and a woman join as one and stay that way forever and ever until death does them part, the sentient beings who result have a better evolutionary advantage over their peers who resulted from ONE OF THOSE TWO GROUPS.

Now, you need to tell me a couple things:
          What is your definition of marriage? What is your definition of love?
          Last edited by AnarX; 02-07-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Would you please cite your source material?

Comment

Um.... What the hell?

Comment

I think he/she is basically saying that adultery is a deadly sin. Those who commit adultery and who go on to recouple are bad influences on their children. The person who chooses to stay a "virgin" and not recouple is a better individual.

That's my take on it anyway. However, I might lack the basic intelligence to fully understand LOL

Comment

Since this is a divorce forum the only comment I have is after your first marriage you are most likely not a virgin...

I'm trying to understand your theory...

Does this mean you are incapable of love after a first marriage?
                  Do your beliefs allow you to love again?
                  Do you believe in second marriage?

ONE OF THOSE TWO GROUPS is directly responsible for a vastly disproportion share of the track record of people who lie about love through sex.
                  I have no idea what this means. Please elaborate.

ONE OF THOSE TWO GROUPS are very happy to publicly humiliate, ostracize, bully, coerce and rape members of THE OTHER GROUP who tends to do nothing of that sort at all.
                  WOW...That's a pretty broad paint brush....I did have sex before marriage and have had non-committed sex since my marriage ended... I can tell you I have never raped, bullied or humiliated a virgin...

Comment

Face it, people here in this forum demonstrate their prejudice when they read to the point where they fabricate and misrepresent what they read with an intent to offend.

You actually stated this? From the postings I've read over the last couple of days, I submit that it's people like you that make this assumptions and misrepresent what you read.

Virgins are demonstrably patient and wise people when it comes to matters that are most important to the survival all of humanity, the preservation of the natural world and their own personal sense of individuality or survival.

Non-virgins are demonstrably impatient people when it comes to love, sex and acts peripherally related to procreation. They teach their life-style to their children.

I stopped reading when I got here. HUH? I'm sure virgins are much better parents than non-virgins. I'm not sure what they parent, but, nevertheless, they're probably better at it.

Comment

I just want to unread the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
                        I just want to unread the whole thing.
                        There was fair warning at the beginning...

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                          There was fair warning at the beginning...
                          True enough. My mistake. LOL

Comment

Well that was one big, yummy plate of batshit crazy.

I will start with a few basic assumptions:
                            (1) I do not need to explain Archie Bunker's joke to you, do I?
                            (2) Sex is magic.
                            (3) Sex with someone you love is better than sex with someone you do not love.
                            (4) Love Is A Battlefield
                            (5) Love Is A Drug
                            (6) When a man and a woman copulate, they are joined as one flesh.
                            (7) Everybody has a soul.
                            (8) The definition of marriage and family are both variable across the common public.
                            (9) Marriage is love and hat love is confirmed or denied through sexual activity or lack thereof.
                            (10) Sex outside of marriage is a sin and the wages of sin are death.
                            WTH? Seriously...

Fricken wingnut.

Comment

Interesting.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I offer no comment on it whatsoever, I wasn't asking to call you out or start a debate - was simply curious to know what you meant.

I do relate much of what you're saying to Original Sin, for whatever that's worth to you.

I sense these are edicts within a religion. Would you care to share just which religion (even privately via PM message)?

Some interesting concepts there, and would like to read more about it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X