This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fro

I am not in arrears and pay faithfully each month but dont want to deal with this crap of cheques every 12months , if I set it up with FRO can I pay directly to them - I dont want garnishments as I am not behind or deliquent
    thanks

I believe the overwhelming response with this will be to avoid FRO like the plague.

They are notorious for being over worked, under funded and under managed.

If you have issues with cheques, perhaps an email money transfer? Or if she'll give you her account number you could arrange for the funds to be debited to her account each month.

There are a ton of options other than cheques. Personally I'd recommend you look through those, staying out of FRO is worth the small headache in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by amazedbyitall View Post
      I am not in arrears and pay faithfully each month but dont want to deal with this crap of cheques every 12months , if I set it up with FRO can I pay directly to them - I dont want garnishments as I am not behind or deliquent
      thanks
      Paying support - What your options are

but do you really need FRO in your life?

why you do not do some email money transfer of even direct deposit ...
      I believe there are number of options to take look into ... and FRO should be last on your list.

Comment

I do direct deposit right from my employer into my ex wife's bank account each month as soon as we had a signed agreement. No hassle for either of us, aside from the whole poverty thing.

Comment

No choice for me but to deal with FRO.. as already ex is shortpaying the amt ordered by the judge (last Sept).. Personally, I'm hoping FRO makes his life a living nightmare - (IF) he chooses not to pay the ordered amount of support. One thing is for sure: WE cannot and will not ever be able to arrange anything between ourselves..

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
            No choice for me but to deal with FRO.. as already ex is shortpaying the amt ordered by the judge (last Sept).. Personally, I'm hoping FRO makes his life a living nightmare - (IF) he chooses not to pay the ordered amount of support. One thing is for sure: WE cannot and will not ever be able to arrange anything between ourselves..
            you always can withdraw your case from FRO if both agree.
            and if I am not mistaken FRO will not enforce Cost orders.

Comment

WorkingDad you are correct. The FRO does not enforce cost awards/orders.

Comment

if you are a decent Dad, and one who supports your children then you will never have an issue with FRO... they are there to enforce when need be. From what I can tell only those who feel as though they are hard done by and have issue supporting regularly are the ones who bash FRO. My new partner decided to deal with FRO because of the same issue.. also, his ex constantly was "losing" cheques and then demanding support earlier or out of the regular schedule. He opted for FRO because he does support regularly and there is no need for FRO to harass him. Fro can only take what is court enforced.. so if you are worried about your trying to get more out of you - she wont be able to through FRO.. If you are a supporter than FRO will be easy. good luck with your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by neverending View Post
                  if you are a decent Dad, and one who supports your children then you will never have an issue with FRO... they are there to enforce when need be. From what I can tell only those who feel as though they are hard done by and have issue supporting regularly are the ones who bash FRO. My new partner decided to deal with FRO because of the same issue.. also, his ex constantly was "losing" cheques and then demanding support earlier or out of the regular schedule. He opted for FRO because he does support regularly and there is no need for FRO to harass him. Fro can only take what is court enforced.. so if you are worried about your trying to get more out of you - she wont be able to through FRO.. If you are a supporter than FRO will be easy. good luck with your decision.
                  do you work at FRO ?
                  Common did you read what some people haw to go thro because FRO did screw up ? Wait for some comments from thouse you called "not decent Dads" and BTW FRO work with decent Moms too

Comment

it is what it is... your response is exactly what I was talking about... too many fathers AND MOTHERS get their back up. As I mentioned before, if you pay regularly without issue then FRO is not a bad thing. Some people shouldnt be so quick with anger!

Comment

has nothing to do with anger... I did not have to deal with FRO yet personally. ddi you read post Suit against FRO

In a nut shell....
                      Support should have ended in 2002. 2004 FRO has letter terminating the support from recipient effective that date. FRO denied having this for almost 6 yrs. 2005 Filed motion to vary. By mid year business was shut down and homeless on the streets of TO. FRO starts default hearing that lasted 3 yrs. They claimed I had underpaid(7G) and was doing everything in thier power to collect, but infact (proven in court 2009) that have overpaid 56G. In 2009 Court issued no jurisdiction order dated back to 2002.
                      The suit against the Crown is punitive. All of the errors of this nature that FRO inflicts regularily is what we are fighting to change... the system is severly flawed.
                      some people should not be so quick with conclusions ...
                      Last edited by WorkingDAD; 11-23-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

i have read ... and yes the system is flawed in many areas, I am not denying that.. however there is usually more to everything than meets the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by neverending View Post
                          i have read ... and yes the system is flawed in many areas, I am not denying that.. however there is usually more to everything than meets the eye.
                          exactly
                          so you would agree that same principle should be applied to
                          if you are a decent Dad, and one who supports your children then you will never have an issue with FRO...

Comment

my bad for using the term "never", however the reality is, is that there is more than meets the eye in every case and not every FRO case begins or ends in a bad experience. If you are a parent who supports your children presently and are deciding whether or not FRO is for you.. you shouldn't have any problems.

Comment

I would recommend you stay away from FRO. My husband has been paying support faithfully but the ex decided to take us to court. Ended up going to trial. While we were waiting for trial she puts him 12,000 in arrears for section 7 expenses (90% of which the trial judge said were not legit). We informed the FRO that all of the expenses were being disputed in court, they didn't care. They have been garnishing 50% of his pay since April. It will be interesting to see how they "credit" us all of the money that is owed back to my husband. We also received new receipts the other day. FRO is allowing everything from 25 cent pack of paper, to high lighters to items on receipts of which you don't even know what it is for to be collected from my husband. You telling me that child support can't cover paper and pencils? I know, many of you think that it shouldn't be a big deal but it's frustrating being nickle and dimed for everything. It's always a "gotcha" from the other side. Trial helped tremendously though we are counting down the years until this is all over.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X