Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:09 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Ten or so years ago I tried to pick my nieces up from school. Everyone knew me, the kids all called me by my nickname, the teachers had met me, I had volunteered at pizza day. The principal still would not release them to me without permission. Their poor mother had to call the school superintendent. Hopefully schools are still the same with gf.

Seriously though, not a hill to die on. They are looking for cracks, don’t give them. If there was an emergency they would call you and you would go. Just put him on the forms and hope kids are ok!
Old 09-09-2019, 02:37 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

I agree that it's not a hill to die on.

I should've prefaced my answer.

For the emergency contact(s) for our kid- time is of the essence. Sometimes schools are reluctant to deliver Epi. So someone needs to be there asap if the school is unsure.

And I did agree with my ex in co-parent counselling on the order of contact.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:45 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
He is not available as described above.. but in his place his gf would be available

You probably know this, but schools do not accept substitutions when it comes to emergency contacts. So if he answers the call and sends his girlfriend, the school will not release the child to the gf, nor pass on information to her.

Not always true... my sister is separated, dad is remarried... but works all day... his new wife has a lot of flexibility in her own business... they share 50-50... if Dad is called, his wife goes and picks the children up... as long as one parent consents to a person picking up the child the school releases them... the new wife does 95% of school drop offs and pick ups on Dad’s weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2019, 03:44 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

And I suppose this situation would be fine if we had 50/50... the kids wouldn’t be in dads care during the week...

Old 09-09-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
And I suppose this situation would be fine if we had 50/50... the kids wouldn’t be in dads care during the week...

Sorry I wasn’t stating for your situation, just that it’s not always just mom and dad... they can delegate others...

My husband was never an emergency contact for his kids school because we live over an hour away... it was mom, Grandma and Aunt because they were all right in town

Old 09-09-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Sorry I wasn’t stating for your situation, just that it’s not always just mom and dad... they can delegate others...

My husband was never an emergency contact for his kids school because we live over an hour away... it was mom, Grandma and Aunt because they were all right in town

Oh no I get what you were saying... and that exactly what I have always had.. grandma and aunt as they are close and dad lives 45 mins away. And has a job where he isn’t always available by phone.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:01 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

This is really a non starter. Call the school and ask how they handle emergencies. From there, decide if your work will allow you to leave in the event of the emergency. Let the school go through their list.

Your ex’s gf is not considered his spouse in the eyes of the school and would need permission from you to get the kids in the event of an emergency.

Let dad call the school and get the forms and provide them with his contact info. Make sure he is on the call list. If they want to go into court saying they are second or third on the emergency list and this is the weight of their argument, they will be laughed at. There is so much going against him at this point that bitching about how his gf (who was told to butt the fuck out by OCL) is not considered for emergency response is not going to go well. Sit back and let them self implode.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
This is really a non starter. Call the school and ask how they handle emergencies. From there, decide if your work will allow you to leave in the event of the emergency. Let the school go through their list.

Your ex’s gf is not considered his spouse in the eyes of the school and would need permission from you to get the kids in the event of an emergency.

Let dad call the school and get the forms and provide them with his contact info. Make sure he is on the call list. If they want to go into court saying they are second or third on the emergency list and this is the weight of their argument, they will be laughed at. There is so much going against him at this point that bitching about how his gf (who was told to butt the fuck out by OCL) is not considered for emergency response is not going to go well. Sit back and let them self implode.

Yes all correct. I called the school. Dad is always second in line. Mom then dad. Then they start on the emergency list. It’s not an issue. He is listed as dad. Always has been. Except he tried to say I didn’t have him down at all. I always have.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:10 PM
Banned

jaycollins5888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

So much talk for the simple common sense of listing the father of a child as an emergency contact?

My ex didn't list me.

Mom first.
Grandma second.
Daycare Third.

Sorry, no room for dad. LOL. Except for I got the last laugh.

OCL blasted mom for this. Now I am, first on the days I have child, and second on the days I don't.

List the father on the emergency contact information and don't be my ex taking any issue with that. It's such a common sense thing that I can't understand why it has to get so complicated and require 2 pages of discussion on a forum. Seriously.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycollins5888 View Post
So much talk for the simple common sense of listing the father of a child as an emergency contact?

My ex didn't list me.

Mom first.
Grandma second.
Daycare Third.

Sorry, no room for dad. LOL. Except for I got the last laugh.

OCL blasted mom for this. Now I am, first on the days I have child, and second on the days I don't.

List the father on the emergency contact information and don't be my ex taking any issue with that. It's such a common sense thing that I can't understand why it has to get so complicated and require 2 pages of discussion on a forum. Seriously.

In another thread you said you were the custodial parent... so wouldn’t you always be first? It also appears that you must live rather close if you have access on school days... the ex in this situation lives over an hour away and doesn’t have school day access. If you bothered to actually read what the OP stated you’d realize these points. An emergency contact is supposed to be available ASAP... doesn’t make sense to list Dad over Grandma when Dad is over an hour away and Grandma is right there... priority should be who can get there in an emergency, not about making Dad feel “right”