This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlywed Bliss

Newlywed pushes husband off cliff after 8 days of marriage: court records - U.S. News

He should have listened when she told him to put the toliet seat down.

8 Days?!?...unreal....

why wait?

Comment

I saw this story earlier today. Disturbing.

Comment

Had I known all the trouble my Ex would be ... I would have jumped rather than marry the SOB!!!

Comment

why wait?
          Had I known all the trouble my Ex would be ... I would have jumped rather than marry the SOB!!!
          lol...

I always wonder about these kind, mild men that marry the bridezilla, high-strung, high-maintenance, never stop spending, drama-laden, screechy women...

And I always wonder about the lovely women that marry the egomaniac, never-stfu-opinionated, right about everything, bossy, control-freak, judgemental men (yea, there's a couple of these on this forum, thank goodness for ignore)...

They're just obnoxious and there seems to be way too many of them infesting the planet. You have to wonder how on earth people enter into relationships with these types.

That being said, I hope they throw the book at this woman....she should have just got a quickie divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
            lol...

I always wonder about these kind, mild men that marry the bridezilla, high-strung, high-maintenance, never stop spending, drama-laden, screechy women...

And I always wonder about the lovely women that marry the egomaniac, never-stfu-opinionated, right about everything, bossy, control-freak, judgemental men (yea, there's a couple of these on this forum, thank goodness for ignore)...

They're just obnoxious and there seems to be way too many of them infesting the planet. You have to wonder how on earth people enter into relationships with these types.

That being said, I hope they throw the book at this woman....she should have just got a quickie divorce.
            Sex... NEXT

Also some women on this board

Comment

Sex... NEXT
              I'm not so sure that that's the only reason. I would add things like the following:
              • This is the best I can do
              • I can change them after marriage
              • I just want to have kids/house and the rest will work out
              • She/He isn't all bad...they have some other redeeming qualities
              • They can financially support me
              • Being controlled/bossed around means I can make less decisions
              • Too lazy to keep looking for the right person
              Also some women on this board
              Actually aside from WD's ex...the women on this forum are cool. (Shout-Out to the ladies!)

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                Then there are the self-confessed gold diggers, that are saying the reason they want to get married to their "new guy" is because they want some of the "estate"...yes there is a post on here that actually said that by a poster above that can't provide facts about their diarrhoea comments

I think us guys that are "opinionated", are just the clever ones that are able to see through the BS, and are not just going to be blinded folded by Sex, that you can get anywhere else.

Entitlement commandos are now all of a sudden "cool"?

I have more respect for a self sufficient career independent woman, who happens to be fit, caring, friendly and know what they want.......Now where are those women? If anyone knows of someone, please hook a bruv'er up
                My problem with you, is that you tend to generalize based on your experience, and you are not interested in actually understanding where the rest of us may be coming from.

I don't think you are clever.

You keep saying sex you can get anywhere, and you have alluded that it might be cheaper to hire a professional. See even if you were trying to be funny, I wouldn't introduce you to a female friend, based on that attitude.

Some of us have learned lessons from our experiences. There are good men here, and bad ones, good women and bad ones.

Comment

You obviously are out to lunch on the point I was trying to make, and haven't heard the figure of speech along the same lines used before.

I can assure you that am probably more clever than you, have more life experience than you, and more wordlier than you.

I think you ougth to look at my response to a certain post, and ask the same of the poster(s) whom when asked to provide reference to what they just spouted, tell you to "GO ON THE INTERNET AND FIND IT".

I have never been to a gentleman's club in all my early 40s years, don't drink nor smoke. Again...the point am making is that facial beauty, sex without any other substance is useless to me. I need substance

If a person is desparate for the sex (not me), they can get that even if they have to pay for it! Do you get that now?

I wouldn't want to meet your friends...birds of the same feathers as the saying goes. They are probably not career women, and nowhere near fit?
                  You are humourous, but you often make negative assumptions, about me, and many others on the forum.

I don't share too much of my life for privacy reasons. But I am older than you, have travelled the world, worked in Fortune 100 companies, and have a list of good friends that include many people you see on the nightly news. That doesn't mean my argument is better than yours. But this is not the first time you have hit on that theme, and yes I've noticed.

I will give you this, you are probably more immodest than me.

As for my female friends, they include politicians and entrepreneurs, some of them very photogenic, as well as smart and great conversationalists.

You've also accused some of us of being with our current partners just for sex, when you know absolutely nothing of the relationship.

You have some unresolved issues. I suggest you find someone to talk to about them.

Comment

You've also accused some of us of being with our current partners just for sex, when you know absolutely nothing of the relationship.
                    Your point is well made especially considering the mentality of the source of such comments.

There are many wise posters on this forum that are in very successful 2nd relationships and marriages. And I doubt they required the approval of some self-aggrandizing blowhard.

Marriages...particularly ones after divorce...are often a leap of battle-tested faith. And making any decision to re-marry is a completely personal, private choice that one should make based on their own specific circumstances and their own specific experiences.

A lot of what you hear is simple envy. Its not surprising that someone with a bloated sense of self-worth who remains single after divorce is confused as to why no one else finds them irresistable. They don't see themselves as others do and illogically believe themselves to be "god's gift." Hence the hate-filled generalizations about women. Why take personal responsibility for being an obnoxious egomaniac when you can blame it on all of so-called greedy women-kind?
                    Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

And on another note....104 days until Christmas.

Comment

Do you have a picture with and have been in the company of the prime minister, governor general and his wife, as well as other ministers, including princess Diana, Nelson Mandela et al?

I have lived on 4 continents as opposed to just going on vacation...I am hoping your "traveled the word" comment doesn't mean you had a stop over somewhere, or visted on vacation, and that you actually do mean the whole world?

Since when have politicians become models for moral standards? Do I have to mention corruption, spendings, marijuana smoking et al in the news lately

I don't believe I have personally attacked you, but you seem to have taken it upon yourself to have a GO AT ME, which is all good as long as you are ready to take it also.

I didn't realize a nightly news person is not a god-like celebrity
                        I don't have a lot of photo op pics, nor do I really want one. I have spent time with Prime Ministers, their wives, in some cases their extended family. I've spent some time with a GG, and more time with his daughter but thats another story. Federal Cabinet Ministers and family, I know quite a few and there are some I've known for over thirty years. But thats not something I tend to brag about. To me, they are people, human and fallible, just like you and me and everyone else here.

You don't believe you have attacked me, but you have in the past inferred that I was in relationships strictly for sex, and you have also done the same to others here. You do judge other people without a great deal of information, that is the point I am making.

Comment

Wow ... who needs cable when you've got OttawaDivorceForum??

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                            Your point is well made especially considering the mentality of the source of such comments.

There are many wise posters on this forum that are in very successful 2nd relationships and marriages. And I doubt they required the approval of some self-aggrandizing blowhard.

Marriages...particularly ones after divorce...are often a leap of battle-tested faith. And making any decision to re-marry is a completely personal, private choice that one should make based on their own specific circumstances and their own specific experiences.

A lot of what you hear is simple envy. Its not surprising that someone with a bloated sense of self-worth who remains single after divorce is confused as to why no one else finds them irresistable. They don't see themselves as others do and illogically believe themselves to be "god's gift." Hence the hate-filled generalizations about women. Why take personal responsibility for being an obnoxious egomaniac when you can blame it on all of so-called greedy women-kind?
                            some days, you turn me on.
                            Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

some days, you turn me on.
                              Ditto!!!

(..blushes and kicks dirt...)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X