Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

starting court application and need help..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I stated my in court application sole custody, my ex stated joint, should I be in the reply stating sole again or if it was included in the application the 1st time do I need to repeat myself again to say no I dont agree to the respondant?

Comment

So, reply is 10 days right? Does that include weekend and last monday (family day) My lawyer was suppose to get me to sign this today and I haven't heard from him and am getting worried....

Comment

I don't think you'd want to repeat yourself. But, if they have made some new statements that you want to respond to (e.g. to indicate/prove false claims, or provide a new fact or a new argument that would counter one of their claims), then file it.

Comment

So, Im counting days and my reply has not been signed nor has my lawyer contacted me and we went over the 10 days. So, now what? I read they will dismiss the reply if it's over 10 days....

Comment

It shouldn't be a huge issue but you should call your lawyer in the am, tell them (don't ask) that you will be in their office in an hour to sign the reply and have it sent to the courthouse. Tell them you will take it yourself if necessary.

You will be firm with them that even if they don't believe a delay is a big deal, they have a responsibility to inform you, and keep you informed. You will be firm with them that if expect something to be done by a certain day, they will do it by that date or they will explain to you why and when it will be done by. You will be firm with them that not returning your calls is unacceptable.

I will say that your lawyer has probably many clients and is running several cases at once and has to prioritize. But this is not an excuse to not call you and keep you worrying.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X