Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:28 AM

claybuster is on a distinguished road
Default vert tense at home

hello all just an update on things , well i could see it coming as a had a talk with her dauther on friday and told her her mom needs to move out and get her own place till the settlement is settled,well last night will making my supper she came in the kitchen and demanded $100,ooo and she would move out,i said no way and she slapped me,and then i blocked the second swing,i could see she was losing it so i just left for a few hours it my sisters ,i still haven't seen a lawyer,any advise here should i wait to here from her lawyer first to see if she even has one ,she says she wants to settle with out court.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:43 AM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

IMO Should've called the police. Just because it didn't hurt, doesn't mean it wasn't an assault.

What you are doing is enabling her to come at you physically and the one time to retaliate, you will be the one in jail and out of the house. Stop being nieve. Wear a digital voice recorder, protect yourself and be smart. Do not engage with her.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:20 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Practice RADIO SILENCE. Are you legally married to this woman? Is her name on the title/etc to the home?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:23 PM

Exquizique is on a distinguished road

How come you're informing her DAUGHTER that SHE (not the daughter) needs to move out??
Old 12-16-2011, 02:55 PM

hammerdad thanks for responding,yes i have the recorder and it was on during the assult,i didn't call the police because i wasn't sure if they would make me leave instead of her,so i just took off for a couple hours to let her calm down.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:58 PM

nbdad we are living commonlaw,and the house is in my name,we've been together 11 yrs,she buy the grocerys,and i pay all the bills.thanks.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:10 PM

exquizique her dauther called her to talk to her mom,who was out so i asked her if she know we were breaking up,i told her we were not speeking to each other and you could cut the tension with a knife,and it would be easyer if she got her own place till the settlement was make as i didn't want to sell my house.also she put the christmas tree up so i assumed she was having her kids over for exmas supper,and i told her thats ok and i would dissaper for the day as not to put a strain on anyone. sorry about the spelling.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:25 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

You need to speak to a lawyer, but commonlaw, legally I don't think she has entitlement to your house.

It would be more of a rental thing. You may be able to have her evicted via the normal process and thereby avoid the hassle.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:53 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

The problems between yourself and this woman aside - please do not discuss adult matters with the daughter anymore. That is wrong
Closed Thread