End of support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of support

My child is 17 for 5 more months. But he is done school now and working full time. Do i still pay support untill he is 18?

Yes. He is still technically a child of the marriage.

If he decides to go back to a post secondary program you will have to pay support again and/or contribute to the expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      Yes. He is still technically a child of the marriage.

If he decides to go back to a post secondary program you will have to pay support again and/or contribute to the expenses.
      Please confirm if my understanding is correct: if child turns 18 but let's say, decides to take a year off before starting post secondary studies, does it mean that for one year, no support needs to be paid?

Once child starts post secondary, of course full table support (unless shared) and s7 will need to be paid.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes that is correct. My husband’s kids took a year off where support was not paid. When they started school again cs was paid.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X