Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 12:36 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

If I recall correctly the old "rules" used to specify that no one was to challenge the moderators (or something like that). If this 'rule' is still in place it would be beneficial for everyone to know.

Watch it dad2bandm - you may get banned!!!!

Might be helpful for everyone to know the rules. I wonder if new people signing up acknowledge and agree to the rules?
Old 02-20-2016, 12:42 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Watch it dad2bandm - you may get banned!!!!
If my insistence on forum decorum rules being applied equally to all users and mods of this forum, gets me banned, then I guess that pretty much reinforces my complaint. Lol.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:19 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Why are there pages now missing on this thread?
Old 02-20-2016, 02:35 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
Why are there pages now missing on this thread?
some posts were deleted.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:09 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Oh ok. This is getting a bit diva drama. Moving on to other!
Old 02-20-2016, 03:17 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
If my insistence on forum decorum rules being applied equally to all users and mods of this forum, gets me banned, then I guess that pretty much reinforces my complaint. Lol.

What I would like to understand is this: why do certain people get banned for expressing their opinion and defending their credibility while others who do the insulting and attacking do not?

Will I get banned for writing this?

This forum used to be a good place to hang out and share useful information. Sure there were arguments - as adults we should be able to self-regulate no?

Jeff, you're the owner of this forum, please don't throw out the baby with the bathwater .... issue some clear rules that apply to Mods, seniors and newbies. Many of us are Sad and Tired of this bull$hit and would like to see LF32 come back.

So there .....
Old 02-20-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post
What I would like to understand is this: why do certain people get banned for expressing their opinion and defending their credibility while others who do the insulting and attacking do not?

Will I get banned for writing this?

This forum used to be a good place to hang out and share useful information. Sure there were arguments - as adults we should be able to self-regulate no?

Jeff, you're the owner of this forum, please don't throw out the baby with the bathwater .... issue some clear rules that apply to Mods, seniors and newbies. Many of us are Sad and Tired of this bull$hit and would like to see LF32 come back.

So there .....
all I am going to say is that LF32 stepped over the line with the post that got him banned. He isn't as innocent as people seem to think. If you want more details then ask the mods or admin, there will be no details coming from me. Before anyone jumps to the conclusion, I wasn't involved in the post in question but I did see it. That is all I am saying on the matter.

Mods this thread is becoming the "dead horse" that S&T mentioned. Maybe time to close it as it has turned into questioning of the rules etc and away from the original questions?
Old 02-20-2016, 03:41 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
all I am going to say is that LF32 stepped over the line with the post that got him banned. He isn't as innocent as people seem to think. If you want more details then ask the mods or admin, there will be no details coming from me. Before anyone jumps to the conclusion, I wasn't involved in the post in question but I did see it. That is all I am saying on the matter.

Mods this thread is becoming the "dead horse" that S&T mentioned. Maybe time to close it as it has turned into questioning of the rules etc and away from the original questions?
Thanks, but no-thanks, for your personal opinion on this matter - something which is clearly between the Administrator and the OP. (You just can't resist putting in a final "jab" can you?)

I believe that requesting "the rules" is not unreasonable.

Yes, I agree that the thread should be closed. The OP is no longer on the forum so it makes little sense to keep his threads open.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Thanks, but no-thanks, for your personal opinion on this matter - something which is clearly between the Administrator and the OP. (You just can't resist putting in a final "jab" can you?)

I believe that requesting "the rules" is not unreasonable.

Yes, I agree that the thread should be closed. The OP is no longer on the forum so it makes little sense to keep his threads open.
it wasn't a final jab..I just know what the post that he made that got him banned again said.

Nothing wrong with requesting the rules but I think that would be better off it a thread dedicated to it instead of this thread.

Last edited by standing on the sidelines; 02-20-2016 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added
Closed Thread