This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO Garnishment and Payments

Having some difficulties dealing with FRO and getting little to no information from them. Would like some assistance on what is normal / expected and what questions to ask to help solve these problems.

Problem - Recipient recieves FRO payments direct deposited into her account spuratically every month. Sometimes it take 3 months to get payments.

Payor is a seasonal worker and currently unemployed (off season) and collecting unemployment. FRO says his EI wages are currently being garnished. If that is the case, why are CS payments to her not being recieved on the first of the month, every month?

FRO says payments for CS will never be paid consistantly and that this is normal for all recipients of FRO.

Also, if the payor is working, how does FRO get his employer info to start garnishment? Since he is laid off every year and issued a ROI would FRO have to recieve his new employer information every year?

Anyone have any thoughts or advice on how to deal with FRO in regards to this matter?

Comment

I have had FRO garnishing my ex pay for the last 13 years. They always take the money off his check when they're supposed to but the time to get to me varies. He is paid biweekly but my payments from FRO pretty much come when they come. It could be his company taking their time handing the money over to FRO or it could be FRO themselves. One rule of thumb is if there is any kind if holiday whatsoever I can expect the payment to be late. If the pay period falls anywhere around the two or three weeks around Christmas and New Years its going to be late. The best thing to do is never count on this money. Pay your rent and any essential bills with money you can count on. CS comes when it comes. There are times when I called them and then got a payment within a couple of days but there is no telling if I would have got the payment on that day anyway or if its the squeaky wheel getting the grease.

Comment

My husband's employer consistently took the payments off. Only had one problem with FRO... they sent the employer a letter saying payments were finished when his youngest was 8 years old. We never figured out why.

His ex received her payments consistently, except when there was a holiday Monday... then the payment was always late. We sent a personal payment to FRO to cover 2 weeks so it would always be 2 weeks ahead. There hasn't been a delay since that we know of.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. will monitor and check with FRO again and try and get some clear answers from them. It seems that unemployment wages are being garnished but being paid inconsistant. When employment starts again will check back with FRO to ensure employment wages are being garnished...should help make payments consistant.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X